Archived Health Assessment and Biometric Numbers Giftcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received two separate letters from corporate, each with a 25 dollar gift card. One for completing my health assessment and one for entering my biometric numbers? I didn't get these last year... Anyone know anything about this "reward?"

Last edited:
I got mine late after last yr's HA & BN.
It's exactly that: a reward for showing how healthy/unhealthy you are.
This yr, if you're signed up for the HRA or HSA, the $$ are deposited in your health acct.

You have to either have the HRA or HSA...I think.
...which is available to full-timers only.

I wasn't quite sure what he meant by "full-part-timers", which is why I worded it the way I did ;) IMO, unless you work a full 40-hours, you shouldn't be considered "full-time" (since Target is the first company I've heard of that considers <40 hours "full time")

I refuse to take these... Only the 100% healthy fit/healthy should take these to screw up the numbers... They are using this data to make the plans worse and worse and raise the prices of the plans. If they see they are insuring a large percent of unhealthy people it will just raise the rates!

You have to either have the HRA or HSA...I think.
...which is available to full-timers only.

I wasn't quite sure what he meant by "full-part-timers", which is why I worded it the way I did ;) IMO, unless you work a full 40-hours, you shouldn't be considered "full-time" (since Target is the first company I've heard of that considers <40 hours "full time")

I was considered full time once my average hrs were at least 32. I have a letter from target to prove it:excited:. Of course, if hrs go down much more I won't be full time much longer. They were 32.12 on my last paycheck.

Hmmm....just found out that under the "Affordable Healthcare Act", The pertinent section (1513) of the law reads as follows:
(4) Full-time employee
(A) In general
The term “full-time employee” means, with respect to any month, an employee who is employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week.

Is Spot going to have to adjust how it figures "average hours" and start offering health insurance to more employees? Or are they just going to cut hours more???

I refuse to take these... Only the 100% healthy fit/healthy should take these to screw up the numbers... They are using this data to make the plans worse and worse and raise the prices of the plans. If they see they are insuring a large percent of unhealthy people it will just raise the rates!

I agree. Personal medical information is none of an employer's business. Count me out.

I thought that this year the reward money was going to go to the base money that Target puts in our HRA, HSA to use toward our healthcare.

Exactly what do they do with this very personal info? Why not just provide the info on how to improve your health and leave it at that?
Sorry, don't trust this kind of thing for any money. Spot is not my doctor or nurse. Also not crazy about the United Way donation forms and for the same reason. What organizations I may or may not choose to give money to is my business.

I treat this stuff like I do my secret ballot during Election Day....mum's the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back