Archived Help! TL info Market. Vendors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked in the market department for over a year. I started in freezer and then moved my way to dairy, then produce and now I am doing dry grocery. I stock the bake, hispanic, coffee and peanut butter aisles. I have wanted to move up and become a TL. My TL just gave her 2 weeks and I thought right now is the best opportunity. I have learned almost everything from Kafs to audits. I know how to back stock, unload the cns truck-and QMOs. I’m ok on register just not great at doing WIC. I know how to do reshops and how to tie a bail. I just don’t have much experience with vendors!! Help! I need to know what is everything I need to know to become a market\ pfresh TL. We have a separate TL for Starbucks and FA. So I’m not worried about that department. Please! Not only that, I have trouble with planograms and pogs. I still haven’t learned that part yet. Any pointers would be great!! :)Targetgirl92

I have worked in the market department for over a year. I started in freezer and then moved my way to dairy, then produce and now I am doing dry grocery. I stock the bake, hispanic, coffee and peanut butter aisles. I have wanted to move up and become a TL. My TL just gave her 2 weeks and I thought right now is the best opportunity. I have learned almost everything from Kafs to audits. I know how to back stock, unload the cns truck-and QMOs. I’m ok on register just not great at doing WIC. I know how to do reshops and how to tie a bail. I just don’t have much experience with vendors!! Help! I need to know what is everything I need to know to become a market\ pfresh TL. We have a separate TL for Starbucks and FA. So I’m not worried about that department. Please! Not only that, I have trouble with planograms and pogs. I still haven’t learned that part yet. Any pointers would be great!! :)Targetgirl92
Sounds to me like you are a good team member.

The key addition for a TL is staff and and task management. Your ETL's and STM/STL are looking for an individual with people skills and motivation. Work with management to determine / develop what they are specifically looking for in a store TL.

I am very good with the guests. I’m just not sure how I’d be with my coworkers if I became their boss. We are basically running market without my TLs help. So we are already basically telling each other the plan.

My team lead is leaving so I wouldn’t want to ask her. I’m asking who should I go to and what info can I get on vendors
etc.

I'm worried your calling CAFS with a K....

I think you have a lot to learn based on your post. It's not how well you are a great tm but do you think of Sales? Do you know your department sales numbers? What processes have you changed? How good are you with providing feedback to a TM or Vendor? Trust me vendors are like babysitting. It's a week before Thanksgiving your STL comes to you with 5 different things they want you to fix and you have double trucks, what do you tackle 1st? Those are things an leader need to be thinking about.

I'm worried your calling CAFS with a K....

I think you have a lot to learn based on your post. It's not how well you are a great tm but do you think of Sales? Do you know your department sales numbers? What processes have you changed? How good are you with providing feedback to a TM or Vendor? Trust me vendors are like babysitting. It's a week before Thanksgiving your STL comes to you with 5 different things they want you to fix and you have double trucks, what do you tackle 1st? Those are things an leader need to be thinking about.
You tackle the STL first, for bugging you.

First off to be honest I learned Cafs on the pda not the zebra. I wasn’t sure on the spelling. But yeah sorry people make mistakes! I barely just learned it means, create auto fill! Bad training on my TLs part. Maybe that’s why she’s leaving. But yeah I am willing to learn all I can just want to know what is the jist of the job they do? Like training they take etc.. and steps to become a TL in the future whether it be months or years. I just want to know the steps to take.

First off to be honest I learned Cafs on the pda not the zebra. I wasn’t sure on the spelling. But yeah sorry people make mistakes! I barely just learned it means, create auto fill! Bad training on my TLs part. Maybe that’s why she’s leaving. But yeah I am willing to learn all I can just want to know what is the jist of the job they do? Like training they take etc.. and steps to become a TL in the future whether it be months or years. I just want to know the steps to take.

1st step is to talk to your ETL. They will give you feedback on what they want to see. You will be asked to take over a process. Be the go to person for that project. In that time, you will need to learn as much as possible. You will have to make the initiative to get training on sales planners or anything planno related on your own. I'd rack your current Tls brain with their routines and questions. I'd learn how to look up sales and see where you can improve those numbers. I'd realistically look at if there is TMS already on the bench because if they are interested; most likely they will get it 1st. I'd partner with them and see what they did to pass their bench interview. That's how you get promoted...

I know sales, mpm3.0 I read my sales everyday and we just went through a remodel which killed us in sales.. but right now we are like behind by 600- 900 a day and I think it’s because the bake table is always empty! And the freezer is full of it!!

I know sales, mpm3.0 I read my sales everyday and we just went through a remodel which killed us in sales.. but right now we are like behind by 600- 900 a day and I think it’s because the bake table is always empty! And the freezer is full of it!!

Ok so change it...still sounds like your not ready and not listening to the advice given so I'm out [mic drop]

I’m taking in your advice. I spoke to one of the hr members today about it and will talking to the higher up tomorrow but they might be busy with the LOL event. Planno is my next step and then possibly guest service or ship to store so I can learn it all.

Last edited:
1st step is to talk to your ETL. They will give you feedback on what they want to see. You will be asked to take over a process. Be the go to person for that project. In that time, you will need to learn as much as possible. You will have to make the initiative to get training on sales planners or anything planno related on your own. I'd rack your current Tls brain with their routines and questions. I'd learn how to look up sales and see where you can improve those numbers. I'd realistically look at if there is TMS already on the bench because if they are interested; most likely they will get it 1st. I'd partner with them and see what they did to pass their bench interview. That's how you get promoted...
I just put myself out there . They came to me with the offer I didn’t even had to apply. So is more than just numbers . Being a tl is no about just sales is how you lead the team .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back