Logistics Hiding injuries for failing drug tests

TBH, being in a college town, we are as likely to have residual alcohol in the system as anything else.

Lol didn't realize this happened at other store. Sucks because a lot of our injuries had nothing to do with drugs and were legit accidents

Can't they just deny the claim and let us keep our job?
If you don't ask them to fill out an incident report I don't think you have to submit to the drug test, unless maybe it was a severe enough injury to require action on their part for medical response or a state law or something. I think it's basically as long as they can avoid you costing them money in medical bills or workers comp, they don't care.

Yeah, if you get hurt and want comp, you'll get tested. The only way to avoid it is to fight through the injury or see your own doctor on your own time. With the later, you'll need to lie and say you got hurt at home and you'll either be put on light duty of get a cut in hours.

Yeah, if you get hurt and want comp, you'll get tested. The only way to avoid it is to fight through the injury or see your own doctor on your own time. With the later, you'll need to lie and say you got hurt at home and you'll either be put on light duty of get a cut in hours.
IF you can afford to go to the doctor, like, actually have insurance. Otherwise, you just limp a lot.

Do I sound bitter?

From working logistics when I first started at Target I saw some people flat out refuse to report accidents because they feared they would lose their job if tested. Some would actually finish out their shift and then immediately take themselves to the ED/urgent care on their own dime.

Drug testing for the most part only catches marijuana users. Most hard drugs are out of the system in 3-4 days or less. Unlike alcohol tests, which test for actual impairment, drug tests only show past use. Which with marijuana has been known to cause positive tests anywhere from a few days up to literally months after the last actual use. That's a very important point I think people should consider.

Now I'm not at all advocating for people to come to work high on any drug, just like I wouldn't want someone to come to work drunk. But I feel like what you do in your personal time is your own business.

They seldom, if ever, enforce drug tests at my store simply because they know 90% of the store would get termed due to the amount of team members who enjoy weed.

That being said, if they cause an accident and someone else gets hurt, or if they do substantial damage, then their hands are tied and they have to do something.
My store is the same exact way. I filed just once and they did tell me to go see a doctor and I just said no and that was the end of it, they didn't force me to go or do a drug test. In my experience it was always only the people who accidentally hurt someone else that were forced to do a drug test and of course either most of them failed or some just refused to take the drug test because they know they will fail and that's an automatic term.

Back