Archived Hired Back for a 3rd Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paper apps are mostly for the hiring event before 4th quarter. Last year we had HR at a table by the door handing them out to complete in Starbucks.

What a shit show.....

I (as TL, 1st interview) passed 1 out of 20 people I interviewed. I wasn't even being too harsh. Don't f***ing tellme "I need a job" as your sole reason to apply here. Give me something. ANYTHING. No shit, you need a job.
That's stupid. People who need a job are most likely to work to keep it. If they said it's just to pass time or something then yeah, skip em. But needing a perfectly valid reason. No one actually wants to work at Target you know

Yeah...what else are they supposed to say? Just curious....because I doubt most people think about working at Target for the long term and for many of them, it's their first job and they might not be skilled in the art of interviewing.

Last edited:
Paper apps are mostly for the hiring event before 4th quarter. Last year we had HR at a table by the door handing them out to complete in Starbucks.

What a shit show.....

I (as TL, 1st interview) passed 1 out of 20 people I interviewed. I wasn't even being too harsh. Don't f***ing tellme "I need a job" as your sole reason to apply here. Give me something. ANYTHING. No shit, you need a job.

The only thing worse than that is "I dunno". Had a couple of those.

Edited to add: Or maybe "my mom told me to".

Last edited:
Yeah...what else are they supposed to say? Just curious....because I doubt most people think about working at Target for the long term and for many of them, it's their first job and they might not be skilled in the art of interviewing (ahem, BSing).

ANYTHING. The employees are helpful. I shop here all the time. I know someone that works here.

It has nothing to do with BSing. If you can't come up with ANY reason besides you need a job, then that clouds the entire interview.

Ok gotcha...that makes sense. There were a lot of situational ethics in my interview, if I remember correctly.

Yeah...what else are they supposed to say? Just curious....because I doubt most people think about working at Target for the long term and for many of them, it's their first job and they might not be skilled in the art of interviewing (ahem, BSing).

Pretty much anything. Put at least a small matter of effort into the interview. Coming in and giving 0% effort is a sure way to not get hired anywhere. It's not about flattering me with a BS response, it's about showing me that you care enough to try and answer the question.

The same people that don't put effort into answers are the same ones that take 3 hours to do 30 minutes of work. I'm generally not concerned about the content of your answer. If it applies to the job, then fantastic. It gives me reason to recommend you for specific areas, but if you have no work experience that's fine too. As long as you give me something.... anything... and put together coherent answers throughout, I'll likely pass you into the 2nd interview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back