Archived Holiday pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is the rule about holiday pay. Do you have to be there without calling in all week or just the day before and the day after? I ask because I had to go home sick tonight and just made it home in time and was wondering if I'll still get the holiday pay and vaca.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to work the shift prior to the holiday and at least a half-shift the day after in order to bank the holiday.

You have to either 1. work the day after and before said holiday or you have to 2. Have the day before and or after excused (vacation, NS, VLE). Anything that will cause you an occurence on either of those days I think makes you ineligible for holiday pay. I'm not 100% on that but I think it's something very close to that.

I worked Christmas Eve but got NO holiday pay for Christmas

Alright so I wasn't able to fight through and go in New Year's Eve, but was a zombie and went in on New Years. So do u get anything? Normally given I didn't call in the day before I would get banked vaca and time and a half for that shift. Do I receive neither?

I worked Christmas Eve but got NO holiday pay for Christmas

The policy discussed in this thread applies to distribution team members, not storeside. Whether or not you get premium pay for Christmas likely depends on CVS's policy because you work in the pharmacy.

Well, that should be the case, but we received the $1 shift differential which is a Target thing, not CVS. CVS policy is 8 hours holiday pay for all full time employees and we did not get that. We are in limbo right now and it stinks

Alright so I wasn't able to fight through and go in New Year's Eve, but was a zombie and went in on New Years. So do u get anything? Normally given I didn't call in the day before I would get banked vaca and time and a half for that shift. Do I receive neither?
I think you still get paid 1.5x for actually working on the holiday. You just don't bank the PH hours.

Well, that should be the case, but we received the $1 shift differential which is a Target thing, not CVS. CVS policy is 8 hours holiday pay for all full time employees and we did not get that. We are in limbo right now and it stinks
Interesting, just checked my stub (as everytime I tried to check it before now her was down... gerr), I got the $1 for the hours I worked on Christmas eve, and also received holiday pay hours for Christmas day for the same amount I received for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back