Archived Holiday pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else seen the HR banner posted in their breakroom stating the $1 shift differential for Black Friday and certain key weekends? Does this mean it is no longer time and a half on holidays? Or is it your wage + $1, then time and a half?

Sorry for the confusion but my HR is new in role and is pretty much no help these days lol.

You get time and a half for working on thursday, thanksgiving. you get the extra dollar if you work on black friday im pretty sure

I was under the impression you only get time and a half if we're open partially on Thanksgiving and you working during those hours, but not that it extends to Black Friday itself (12:00am Friday or whatever). Then I imagine the $1 would apply to BF.

I believe the time and a half would only apply to hours worked on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if the $1 differential would apply to Thursday night or not.

As stated by @buliSBI - 12am - 6am is the shift differential given to any TM who works between that time frame - holiday or not. Time and a half is given when you work during the actual holiday hours (12am-11:59PM) . If you find yourself working during both situations then you'll get both - unless you are an O/N flow TM the difference will be the time and a half because you already get the $1 differential.

I can't remember if there are any conditions. But I think you must be clocked in by 6am, and either get the $1 differential for the whole shift or up to 8am.

Isnt Thanksgiving still a paid holiday? If we dont work regardless if they are closed or not, you get your average daily hours? If so then I would think if you work that day you would get holiday pay for your average hrs plus time and a half for all hrs worked Thanksgiving day through midnight?

Isnt Thanksgiving still a paid holiday? If we dont work regardless if they are closed or not, you get your average daily hours? If so then I would think if you work that day you would get holiday pay for your average hrs plus time and a half for all hrs worked Thanksgiving day through midnight?

I believe non-working holiday pay only applies to TLs and up.

As stated by @buliSBI - 12am - 6am is the shift differential given to any TM who works between that time frame - holiday or not. Time and a half is given when you work during the actual holiday hours (12am-11:59PM) . If you find yourself working during both situations then you'll get both - unless you are an O/N flow TM the difference will be the time and a half because you already get the $1 differential.

Target eliminated shift differential about a year ago for most stores. Most stores no longer provide this for teams, and at the time of the change team members were given a raise based on the number of shift diff hours over that year they had worked.

I believe non-working holiday pay only applies to TLs and up.

Correct on this one.

Target eliminated shift differential about a year ago for most stores. Most stores no longer provide this for teams, and at the time of the change team members were given a raise based on the number of shift diff hours over that year they had worked.

To save money and eliminate the extra $1, Target eliminated the O/N flow process for several stores in each district. But for the few stores in our area that are still O/N they receive the $1 differential. @60SecondsRemaining is/was your store O/N? Because my team would have received a nice raise since 100% of their hours are overnight, which would defeat the purpose of eliminating the shift differential.

Yes my store was overnight at the time. They gave all flow tms a .50 to 1.00 raise. My current store is a 730 and also has no shift diff even when overnight.

Yes my store was overnight at the time. They gave all flow tms a .50 to 1.00 raise. My current store is a 730 and also has no shift diff even when overnight.

That's cold blooded. Our district gave nothing extra when stores went from overnight to 4am or 6am, they just cut how many hours each TM received during the shift differential timeframe. My GOL said they were cutting the shift differential to make up for company losses in Canada. It's not that they think the process can be done in less time, they just needed a way to save money. $1 an hour x 8hrs x 3 days/week x 40,000+ employees = $$$$$ savings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back