Archived Hostess is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the local Sunday night news there was a story that said there is a company in Mexico that might be interested in buying Hostess.
And the bread company Bimbo company is interested, too.

It kind of sounded like these two places are the same. Who knows.

They are the same company. Grupo Bimbo.

But Hostess says Bimbo's probably not in the market to buy them anyway. They own Sara Lee, and owning both Hostess and its only real competitor would lead to antitrust issues.

They are the same company. Grupo Bimbo.

But Hostess says Bimbo's probably not in the market to buy them anyway. They own Sara Lee, and owning both Hostess and its only real competitor would lead to antitrust issues.

There is another company whose interested but I forget its name. I think it has freshness in its name but I am not sure.

Maybe not, but it might spur legislation to deal with the end-runs these CEOs have been doing to abuse bankruptcy laws.

When they expand to your areas... You should really try TastyKakes, especially Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes. mmmmmmmm

101371.jpg

Little update and man, I would be pissed if I was an employee at Hostess.

Hostess Brands acknowledged for the first time in a news report Monday that the company diverted workers' pension money for other company uses.

The bankrupt baker told The Wall Street Journal that money taken out of workers' paychecks, intended for their retirement funds, was used for company operations instead. Hostess, which was under different management at the time the diversions began in August 2011, said it does not know how much money it took.

"It's not a good situation to have," Hostess CEO Gregory Rayburn told the WSJ.

"Whatever the circumstances were, whatever those decisions were, I wasn't there," Rayburn added. As the founder and owner of Kobi Partners, a restructuring advisory firm, Rayburn was appointed acting CEO in March 2012.

In November, a judge approved Hostess' plan to pay $1.8 million in bonuses to 19 executives, according to CNBC. Rayburn declined to take a bonus but also avoided a company-wide pay cut that he imposed, Hostess told HuffPost.

So the execs get their bonuses but the workers pensions have been used for other things?

Yeh, those union goons who DARED to fight for their pensions & benefits while the execs 'misappropriated' the funds set aside for those bennies.
And the judge AGREED to allow them their bonuses for helping close down the company quickly & efficiently.
Given how they looted the company, they're the last ones I'd put in charge of shutdown.

It was funny but the other day zoning in Market I notice we still have about a dozen Hostess fruitcakes. Now those things will last forever!:spiteful:

Dropping shipments at the DC means still no hostess vendor to deal with.

Dropping shipments at the DC means still no hostess vendor to deal with.

Before I was laid off at my position at the gas station the only vendor that was semi-enjoyable to deal with was the hostess vendor. He was a pretty cool stand up guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back