Archived How bad is it to not QMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I don't think anyone who could get the ball rolling on refrigerated/frozen donations at my store has both the time and the inclination to do so. If I see an opportunity to suggest it, I'll take it, though.
Check the list for local feeding America partners...call a couple and see if they would take perishables. They can come beg from their end and speed it along.

I always QMOS dairy meat frozen and bakery. I QMOS any produce that I don't have to manually type in a PLU for

Q: when QMOSING 1 item do I just scan it, and thats it? or do I have to enter 1 and enter?
Are you using a PDA or a myDevice? PDA, 1 scan=1 qmosed unless you want to qmos more than one. You enter in the number you want to qmos and hit enter for more than one and confirm the quantity. I believe you have to enter the quantity on the myDevice regardless and hit enter.

If you are using a PDA you do not need to enter 1 if you are just qmosing a single item. Once you are done, though, if is important to hit the d button to indicate that you are finished. I find qmosing with the PDA's easier than the My Device, as a result. It is also possible to indicate where you found the item, which you can't do on the My Device. This gives the company a better idea of where the items are coming from.

Last edited:
During my time as a PA, inventory counts were never too far off. Regular research and accurate qmosing go a long way in keeping shelves full. Purge/locu backstock and research weekly

The counts may be close to what you have, but the perishables inventory will still come back bad. Unless you are QMOSing stuff you didn't receive (oh they said they sent a ton of strawberries but we just got 3 cases, QMOS out the difference), then you are stuck taking hits on the inventory numbers.

I will say this... I think 2016 will show that our biggest thieves are our FDCs as inventory results come back. You may have 20-30K in shortage in cosmetics, but the supers will see 40k or more in just the combination of dairy and frozen in shortage per store! Target wants to reduce its total shortage by 10%? I think we can stop ourselves from shooting ourselves in the feet and reduce more than that.

I put some cold perishable stuff in a donate bin in one of the coolers in the back. That stuff has been there for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

I put some cold perishable stuff in a donate bin in one of the coolers in the back. That stuff has been there for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:
Our local food bank comes everyday 7 days a week they come back to the dairy cooler and get the tub of donation sometimes 2 tubs and they are on their way The receiver finishes the paper work and out the door they go loading their van by themselves they are happy to get anything we give them.

Not QMOSing is a pretty big no no. Counts are always messed up and not QMOSing isn't going to make too much of a difference in that regard, however throwing stuff away without QMOSing or defecting counts as theft and, as others have said, AP will get involved if they notice.

If the QMOS average dollar amount fluctuates outside of a certain percentage, AP is notified and we usually just have your leader give you a seek to understand or CCA.

Is it that hard to scan an item and how many you are qmosing due to quality or outdate? It doesnt even really take much time. The SDA used to not even QMOS the items so you had to go through the list and then QMOS it all. On the mydevice its finally all one function thank god.

If you are culling just bring out the bin and QMOS each section as you put it into the bin

QMOS is really important, if they are not TOSSing the food out of the system then they are causing a huge problem. In my store, they started pulling up the QMOS report because every morning, the PFresh assistant wasn't doing his job...and oops he was terminated

I always cringed on the amount of QMOS'ed FA food. 20+ bags of popcorn, 12+ hot dogs

The price of popcorn ain't shit, but 12 dogs is just someone preparing too much product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back