Archived How big are the pull hours on the weekend compared to the week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAF batches? CAF batches are usually twice as big on the weekends compared to the CAF batches on weekdays.

At my store, they usually take less than an hour on weekdays according the CAF monitor report. On weekends, it's a nightmare. We are talking 2 hours. Big big big.

Guess who's pulling Saturday's and Sunday's cafs alone again for the millionth time, oh and pull ff and 80+ batches of research/exf/sp that the pos of mid doesn't do. Fuck my TL, coworkers, and Target.

I wish everyone in the BR had to do a closing weekend shift just once.

My very first backroom shift was a closing Sunday shift all by myself. I had never used a PDA until the day before, never been on the Wave (had to walkie LOD every time I needed something), never had the layout of the "second" BR explained to me- I was terribly unprepared.

Some of my fellow TMs have been thrown in to CAF batches as well but they lucked out and got weekday shifts. I ask them how it was and they're like "it was totally fine- easy." Meanwhile, I walked out after that first Sunday night shift looking like I was coming back from war. It bothers me that I've said stuff about how much I hate CAFs and how stressful the shifts are, and they literally have no idea what I'm talking about, even though I'm sure they feel they've done the exact same thing.

I had a weekday BR shift once and I logged in and saw I had 40 batches to pull. Only having Sunday night CAFs to compare it to I was ready to die. But then I started and the majority of the batches had 1-5 DPCIs. Walk in the park.

CAFS are everywhere from an hour to 2 hour and a half on weekends.

Sundays are probably the worst and the idiots who run this place refuse to schedule a mid or second closer.

I have a ? About caf pulls, I closed last night in home area and got my reshop done and zoning done on C and D aisles. As I was walking my area to make sure no guest where still around, I saw a caf cart for my area on the floor and it was still full, I wheeled it to the back room. I never wheeled it out or got a walkie call to take care of it, will I be on the hook for this? I'm trying to do what I can to be noticed in a good way, so my seasonal will turn into something more after the holidays, but I can't see this helping me any. I was just trying to get out of there and didn't even think to call the LOD.
Is it normal for other people to do the pulls? I did see some girl doing themin-between my area and toys, but didn't think much about it.

I like how it thinks that TOY1 batch should take 54 minutes. Like, wut?

I remember a long time a go , debating here with other people how the RWT times are full of shit. I remember them defending it , its a study that was done...blah blah blah..LOL , fucking idiots. Those times are impossible unless you are a machine.

Impossibleeeee........

At my store, lately the outliers have been GRC2, PAPR, and DARY. I had a DARY batch last Saturday at 6pm that was 70 DPCI, LMAO. I have been using one tub usually just for GRC2 this week. A lot of shit gets pulled.

The thing that is annoying about CAF batches is that the stupid system pulls the same items over and over again. I love climbing up the ladder and going way up high to pull a box that has 24 packages of Kraft marshmallows. Massive overkill. I pull the pumpkin filling numerous times a day. Green beans are also a guilty party. Just too repetitive and a waste of time for the backroom and grocery.

I have a ? About caf pulls, I closed last night in home area and got my reshop done and zoning done on C and D aisles. As I was walking my area to make sure no guest where still around, I saw a caf cart for my area on the floor and it was still full, I wheeled it to the back room. I never wheeled it out or got a walkie call to take care of it, will I be on the hook for this? I'm trying to do what I can to be noticed in a good way, so my seasonal will turn into something more after the holidays, but I can't see this helping me any. I was just trying to get out of there and didn't even think to call the LOD.
Is it normal for other people to do the pulls? I did see some girl doing themin-between my area and toys, but didn't think much about it.
Let the lod know. It's a good idea to walk your area early to remove any abandon carts, reshop, or undone cafs. Then, zone with no obstacles.

CAFs are usually bigger on the weekend then most of the weekday. We get more guests in since a lot more of them are off, especially with their kids. Grocery and Softlines are usually the biggest during the first hour, followed by Toys in the next.

Last edited:
Let the lod know. It's a good idea to walk your area early to remove any abandon carts, reshop, or undone cafs. Then, zone with no obstacles.

Well I don't know it I pissed some one off cause of the other night or not but I just did an 8 hr shift of caf pulls and running to get back up, upfront.

http://i.imgur.com/Qo2L48f.png

LOD be like you don;t need no help.

What is this and where did you get it?!? I've heard people talking about being able to see projected times for CAFs and I don't have a clue where to start looking- but being able to see my performance compared to the projected times would be so helpful!

CAFS are everywhere from an hour to 2 hour and a half on weekends.

Sundays are probably the worst and the idiots who run this place refuse to schedule a mid or second closer.

Same! Thankfully, I recently talked to my TL and asked her what I should do about Sunday nights, because I always end up staying 30min-3hrs late to get everything done (which puts me in a bad spot at the end of the week when I start to go over 40hrs)

My TL basically said she knows I work my butt off and to just keep doing the best I can, but she fully agrees that they need to start scheduling more people and "they're just gonna have to deal with stuff falling apart until they come back here and actually see that we need help"

So I still don't have any help for my miserable Sunday nights, but having my TL's genuine support makes it far easier to deal with.

I just don't understand how they think it's even remotely possible to do all of what's required on a Sunday night by yourself- especially when dayside TMs don't finish all of their work before they leave...but everything has to be finished before I leave? yea...I totally love doing other people's work when I don't even have time for my own!

At my store, lately the outliers have been GRC2, PAPR, and DARY. I had a DARY batch last Saturday at 6pm that was 70 DPCI, LMAO. I have been using one tub usually just for GRC2 this week. A lot of shit gets pulled.

The thing that is annoying about CAF batches is that the stupid system pulls the same items over and over again. I love climbing up the ladder and going way up high to pull a box that has 24 packages of Kraft marshmallows. Massive overkill. I pull the pumpkin filling numerous times a day. Green beans are also a guilty party. Just too repetitive and a waste of time for the backroom and grocery.

If any of those are coming back with full cases your pushers are idiots. Yesterday alone we killed half pallet of canned veggies and we cleaned out all the open stock wacos. Marshmallows are in promo, they should be selling, maybe not crazy but they should be moving. Everything you mentioned should be pulling every hour since it's selling this week.

For the green beans we have three locations we can't keep it full. Cream of chicken and cream of Mushroom soups should be flying out as well.

What is this and where did you get it?!? I've heard people talking about being able to see projected times for CAFs and I don't have a clue where to start looking- but being able to see my performance compared to the projected times would be so helpful!

Same! Thankfully, I recently talked to my TL and asked her what I should do about Sunday nights, because I always end up staying 30min-3hrs late to get everything done (which puts me in a bad spot at the end of the week when I start to go over 40hrs)

My TL basically said she knows I work my butt off and to just keep doing the best I can, but she fully agrees that they need to start scheduling more people and "they're just gonna have to deal with stuff falling apart until they come back here and actually see that we need help"

So I still don't have any help for my miserable Sunday nights, but having my TL's genuine support makes it far easier to deal with.

I just don't understand how they think it's even remotely possible to do all of what's required on a Sunday night by yourself- especially when dayside TMs don't finish all of their work before they leave...but everything has to be finished before I leave? yea...I totally love doing other people's work when I don't even have time for my own!

Log into workbench from the store pc. Then type "wpt" in the search box. It load a new page. Click the first link. Along the top of the next page there should be an option that say monitor with a drop down menu. Click that

Login to Workbench on the work computer, then click on "Browse by Area" near the top left (edit: missed a step: after clicking on "Browse", click on "Reports"). From there, there's a list of shit. Look under Logistics and click on "Workload Planning Tool" and sign in (actually, you may not have to sign in, anyway...). Once there, click on "Replenishment Workload Tool", then click on the "Monitor" column at the top. Within that, click on "CAF Monitor." And there they are, the est. hours for each hours CAFs. Jb's method is way shorter tho, lol.

Last edited:
Login to Workbench on the work computer, then click on "Browse by Area" near the top left (edit: missed a step: after clicking on "Browse", click on "Reports"). From there, there's a list of shit. Look under Logistics and click on "Workload Planning Tool" and sign in (actually, you may not have to sign in, anyway...). Once there, click on "Replenishment Workload Tool", then click on the "Monitor" column at the top. Within that, click on "CAF Monitor." And there they are, the est. hours for each hours CAFs. Jb's method is way shorter tho, lol.
Even shorter is to click on the Applications picture on the right and choose Workload Planning Tool from there.

Bonus feature about the Replenishment Workload Tool is on the first screen after the animated truck, it shows the number of cartons in the GM trailers as its being filled.

Flow team will think you're a wizard when you tell them how big their next trailer will be.

Even shorter is to click on the Applications picture on the right and choose Workload Planning Tool from there.

Bonus feature about the Replenishment Workload Tool is on the first screen after the animated truck, it shows the number of cartons in the GM trailers as its being filled.

Flow team will think you're a wizard when you tell them how big their next trailer will be.

Wait, the truck size thing, where's this? I don't see it after the animated truck thing.

Wait, the truck size thing, where's this? I don't see it after the animated truck thing.
I don't really know of a good way to explain it, but on that page there will be a bunch of information about your current trailer and your next one(s) if the DC has started filling it. In that info there will be a column for carton count, and that's how many boxes are in the truck.

It will also list Pfresh and candy trucks there as well.

In some stores, the backroom team is responsible for pushing CAFs and only gets help from the sales floor team when they're backed up.

Did that vehicle appear out of nowhere at the end of the night? If your store has an overnight process, it could've been one of overnight's autofills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back