Archived How can I become a food service TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at Target Food Ave for almost two months now and I already know I want to be a TL (due to previous food service/management experience). Any tips on what I can due to improve my chances o getting my supervisors to notice me?

Even if you’re a super shining star (which you could be, I don’t know!) you’ll probably have to be in your position a little longer before your leadership considers putting you on the road to TL. 💫 Honestly, if you have prior management experience it does put you a step ahead, but why not apply for a TL position in the first place? (Were there none open?)

Anyway, best thing to do is express your interest in moving up with your ETL and STL/Store Director. And keep a good work ethic and attendance!! Good luck :)

He could, but then he'd have to...

On a serious note though, attendance and hardwork.
Attendance speaks for it self.
Hardwork , you have to make sure its seen. See a problem, partner with TL/ETL and take lead in fixing it.
If you take an initiative , make sure you loop TLs/ETLs in. No harm in showcasing yourself, good luck!

On a serious note though, attendance and hardwork.
Attendance speaks for it self.
Hardwork , you have to make sure its seen. See a problem, partner with TL/ETL and take lead in fixing it.
If you take an initiative , make sure you loop TLs/ETLs in. No harm in showcasing yourself, good luck!

That wont be too hard as far as attendance goes, I've got that down. Thank you!

Start every shift with your mouth FULL of marbles. I know it sounds nuts, just do it. When you've lost all your marbles, then you will be ready to be a FATL.
This actually makes complete sense in a weird way lol thank you 😊

Even if you’re a super shining star (which you could be, I don’t know!) you’ll probably have to be in your position a little longer before your leadership considers putting you on the road to TL. 💫 Honestly, if you have prior management experience it does put you a step ahead, but why not apply for a TL position in the first place? (Were there none open?)

Anyway, best thing to do is express your interest in moving up with your ETL and STL/Store Director. And keep a good work ethic and attendance!! Good luck :)
There were none when I first applied but then my TL got fired for sexual harassment 🙃 But when I'm ready to reach out to my STL I will definitely do that. Thank you for the useful advice!

Definitely 90 days. TL have to have open availability plus coming with mod changes being able to work a lot of mids.

Have a bigger scope for your department helps a lot. For ex:”hey we did a 52% comp on popcorn yesterday!” And finding ways to grow your business. Owning your business and being able to talk to it definitely catches spots attention.

Be ready to be turned down or to another position. Hey sometimes first time isn’t the charm. Or it is and it’s for some cursed spot like gstl. Just be mentally prepared.

Last one is make food service a dream team! Make it the cool spot the team wants to work at. Also having a tight knit support group with all your peers is great.

Good luck and have fun!

There were none when I first applied but then my TL got fired for sexual harassment 🙃 But when I'm ready to reach out to my STL I will definitely do that. Thank you for the useful advice!
Yes good luck! Very salty mocha’s advice is also very solid - get to know your numbers and be able to speak to them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back