How do I dial an extension from an external phone?

Long story short but is it possible to call an extension to a Zebra or desk phone if I know the extension?

Also is it possible to directly call a Zebra from a Zebra or desk phone?

Solution
Yes actually. A few ways you can do this but don’t forget that the other person needs to be signed in on the phone and honestly they probably wouldn’t answer.

If you’re looking to transfer to a dept, hit the transfer button and then go to contacts and there are the list of the extensions that you could transfer to.

If you want to call or transfer to a specific person then you could but you need to know what ext got assigned to them. When they sign into the phone app there is four Numbers it says like x4183. You can hit call and just type those 4 numbers in if you want to call them from your myDevice or landline.

If it’s a physical phone you probably...
Long story short but is it possible to call an extension to a Zebra or desk phone if I know the extension?

Granted I rarely use the phone in flex, but for calling in, I'm not sure how to directly dial an extension, though I'm sure there'd be a way. You can definitely call other zebras directly though because they're all assigned an extension when you sign in.

Yes actually. A few ways you can do this but don’t forget that the other person needs to be signed in on the phone and honestly they probably wouldn’t answer.

If you’re looking to transfer to a dept, hit the transfer button and then go to contacts and there are the list of the extensions that you could transfer to.

If you want to call or transfer to a specific person then you could but you need to know what ext got assigned to them. When they sign into the phone app there is four Numbers it says like x4183. You can hit call and just type those 4 numbers in if you want to call them from your myDevice or landline.

If it’s a physical phone you probably could I just don’t know how. We only have like 1 landline that we use at our store and its the TSC one.

With all of this said, that dept either knows that there is a call OR they just aren’t signed into the phone so what you’re better off doing is parking the call in a spot. There are 3 parking spots as far as I know. 2280, 2281, and 2282. If you have a call that you want to transfer to a team leader per se you could hit transfer and hit 2180 or 2181 2182. The 1 means you’re parking it there and the 2 means you’re picking the call up. So then you say “Hey Team lead xxxx you have a call on 2280“ or what ever ext you chose. That’s usually what we do at my store.
In store? Yes? Out of store. NoT really.

Solution
Back