Archived How do I find out my pull times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my TL trained me for backroom she showed me a printed list of all the autofill pulls from that day, the time they should have taken, and the times they were completed in.

I'm interested in seeing my scores for no reason other than to satisfy my curiosity. It would also be nice to know if I need to work on speeding up before someone else brings it to my attention. Is this something I (a TM) can access through workbench? I figure I'll ask the BR TL or the ETL on Thursday...but my curiosity is burning :p.

You can look on Workbench, but we've been forbidden to look at them since I proved the ETL-LOG made a mistake. He asked why it took 2 of us 50 minutes each to pull a 23 minute timed hour.....he had pulled the times at 2 minutes after the hour instead of waiting for all the batches had dropped, and got really upset when I showed him that we had actually had a 2:10 hour pull time for the hour and we beat it by quite a bit. Just like when one of the other ETL's came up to me and asked me why it took 1:30 to pull the 7's because that what the report showed. I showed her my watch - 7:35.....last I've heard of that.....

I still do not get why it is such an urgency to pull the auto cafs ??? When the sit on the line or in my case freezer for hours upon hours and get pushed like 4 or 5 hours after they were pulled. It makes no sense to have such an urgency to pull the cafs but no sense of urgency to push them or even backstock the black line, that could have come out on the pulls but has not been sto'd yet.

I've never quite understood it either, I've often said every other hour would give us a chance to pull the items, and have time to get them on the floor (as well as deal with breaks, etc.).....I know lots of times I can guarentee that if certain items (powdered sugar, tortilla shells), the system will pull one every hour, which just seems to be a waste of time, when I could pull more less often for the items and save time.

You can look on Workbench, but we've been forbidden to look at them since I proved the ETL-LOG made a mistake. He asked why it took 2 of us 50 minutes each to pull a 23 minute timed hour.....he had pulled the times at 2 minutes after the hour instead of waiting for all the batches had dropped, and got really upset when I showed him that we had actually had a 2:10 hour pull time for the hour and we beat it by quite a bit. Just like when one of the other ETL's came up to me and asked me why it took 1:30 to pull the 7's because that what the report showed. I showed her my watch - 7:35.....last I've heard of that.....

This is a common ETL mistake because they have no idea how to read the report. The CAF pull times are a nice guide, but not necessarily accurate. The moment a batch is first applied the timer starts, so if you get a batch that has items in multiple stock rooms or far away when you exit the batch the timer continues to run. For example if I were to open the PAPR batch and pull everything in the aisle, but then wait to get the steel until later it could come up with a time of 30+ minutes for that one batch even though it really only took me four or five minutes of actual time. The ETL-LOG at my store knows better than to try calling us out using that report because every backroom team member at my store can read it better than he does.

Answer for the OP.

Workbench, goto RWT (replenishment work load tool) along the top your looking for monitor might be in a drop down just can't remember off the top of my head. Under monitor look for caf monitor, then just select the hour in question.

I've never quite understood it either, I've often said every other hour would give us a chance to pull the items, and have time to get them on the floor (as well as deal with breaks, etc.).....I know lots of times I can guarentee that if certain items (powdered sugar, tortilla shells), the system will pull one every hour, which just seems to be a waste of time, when I could pull more less often for the items and save time.

CAFs used to be every other hour. It was MUCH more efficient.

@backroomdude had the best answer: Workbench RWT will have the total expected pull times for Autofills and each hour of CAFs. If it's not on your Workbench yet, go to the nearest PC (either fixture room or receiving) and open Workbench, use your TM number and password to log in, on the left is a "quick links" bar that you can edit to add "Workload Planning Tools" or some such, but in short it brings up RWT which has all the pull info.

More informational answer: This will all depend on your store, but as stated above the expectations are usually skewed. Is there a 2-minute batch but you have to move ten things and the batch takes you 4 minutes? Do you pull a 2-minute batch and zone while doing so, so it takes you 3? Do you shove everything to the side and screw zoning so the 2-minute batch takes 1 minute? There are all sorts of team members and all sorts of ways to measure their metrics, and the pull score is just one of the metrics that a good lead should look at.

If you're interested in pull times, start looking at the location accuracy reports. It used to be Workbench/MyPerformance/Backroom/BR TM Location Accuracy, but they just updated MyPerformance so it might be under Operations or something now. TM Location Accuracy report will tell you how many pulls each TM worked during the week, how many baffles they created, and what percentage came from M-Delete, Y-Yes usage, and Locu.

Combine the pull times report and location accuracy report and you'll start to get a VERY good idea who is doing things right and who is not. I had a situation where I missed most of my pull times and another team member beat all of theirs; then I showed the team lead the accuracy report and I pulled 1,200 batches with 2 baffles. The team member who beat their times pulled 800 batches with 64 baffles in that week. They didn't last too long, because they were M-Deleting left and right, pulling stuff and leaving it on the shelf, etc.

@see spot save So in short, keep expanding your awareness of what reports you can access, there are lots of ways to track your personal numbers and see how you are doing. Glad you're interested in checking out your numbers, best of luck to you!

@Unreturnable thank you so much for the write up! I found it on Monday this week, and every day I've been exploring all of the reports more and more. It's a crapshoot, though, as I looked today and all of the batches I pulled (and a few others too) all had the wrong name on them even though I logged into the PDA.

I will definitely look at the accuracy report. I tend to just pull as quickly as I can, C-complete, and then zone.

Question: I scan everything in the waco and had no double beep (ghost), I re-scan everything just to be sure and still no double beep. What should I do? I've been M-deleting (I think I used it twice today). Is it better to Locu?

Also, can someone give me a more clear definition on a baffle? I'm not exactly sure how it happens. The wiki says:

A baffle occurs when an item is pulled from a location into which it was not previously backstocked.

It is better for store accuracy reports to use locu. However, it's much more time consuming and only serves to hide the problem if an area is suffering from a lot of errors.

If I find myself with time (or if the waco is empty/filled with a lot of the same product) I will locu from now on. ;)

Now I'm really interested in seeing what the accuracy report looks like...

Also, can someone give me a more clear definition on a baffle? I'm not exactly sure how it happens. The wiki says:

A baffle occurs when an item is pulled from a location into which it was not previously backstocked.

Well, a ghost is when the system believes an item is located in a certain location, but it's not actually there. A baffle is the opposite - the item is sitting in a waco or on a shelf, but was never scanned into that location, so the system didn't know it was there.

But how does it end up getting pulled if the system doesn't know it's there?

But how does it end up getting pulled if the system doesn't know it's there?

The wording on that sentence is poor. The way a baffle works is so:

Say there are two items in a waco. One item was backstocked in there and the other item for whatever reason is not located in the system. Your CAF pull takes you to that waco and you scan the item that was not previously located. The system then drops that as a baffle into the Accuracy Report and you continue the batch by pulling the other item which brought you to that location in the first place. On the Accuracy Report the baffle will count for the last team member to interact with that location prior to you finding the baffle. In real time you almost never know you've found a baffle. the only way to really see it ahead of time is to use the location reports.

@see spot save We received a message board a week or two ago saying that the pull reports were temporarily broken - the pull times would be linked to the wrong team member name until the error was fixed, an estimated 3 weeks to fix it. The message boards are located on the lower right of the main Workbench page and contain general updates, information, or problems for each workcenter. I never checked them as a backroom team member, just started when I moved to receiving.

All the info here is contained in other threads, but in the interest of keeping it together to be helpful for you:

-There is a reason you can't toggle another function (like pulling a batch) with Locu; if you could, everyone could use it to cover up any mistakes and falsely inflate their accuracy scores. More importantly, if you Locu every time you run into an error, you might be protecting other team members who are cutting corners. I always advise using M-delete to make sure we can use the reports to locate where the problems come from; using Locu covers up where the problems are and where they come from. Don't take forum advice on this issue, though, definitely talk with your Backroom Team Lead and maybe even ETL-Logistics, this is an important issue for the team to be on the same page.

-As far as baffles and ghosts: be aware that the PDA acts as an update scanner while you pull batches. If someone sets an item down in a waco and forgets to locate it, it is a baffle. If you come to that waco later while pulling a batch and scan that item along with the others, now it is a found baffle - if you checked it in Item Search or RF Apps/Sto if would come up as located without a quantity. That's an important way that baffles are found, so if for example you are pulling a batch and think, "Hey, that thing has been in this waco for ages and hasn't moved," or "That box has been on this shelf for a long time!" just be sure to scan it first. You don't even need to check if it is in location, scan it during your batch and you'll guarantee it is in the system, it'll get dropped into the LOD Audit batch and into future pulls. Additionally, you'll know when you've come to pull that baffle because you'll get asked "Did you pull all? Y/N" for an item that usually doesn't ask this, just because there wasn't a quantity attached to it.

If you scan a scalloped potato and it beeps twice and tells you to pull 2, then press return or left arrow and scan the other item (au gratin potato) and it beeps once, you know you work with some dumbasses.

I still do not get why it is such an urgency to pull the auto cafs ??? When the sit on the line or in my case freezer for hours upon hours and get pushed like 4 or 5 hours after they were pulled. It makes no sense to have such an urgency to pull the cafs but no sense of urgency to push them or even backstock the black line, that could have come out on the pulls but has not been sto'd yet.

I love when they see me coming with a cart of pull that I forgot to bring to the push area at 8 or 9 and start yelling to bring stuff as soon as we pull it. I just point to a cart and say that's been there since 2 -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back