Archived How do the PDAs and LPDAs behave in your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one of the GR handles in our FF closet I guess that got left behind. I'm tempted to use it sometimes. I did a few years ago. Got weird looks, lol.

A former ETL of mine tried to get the backroom to use the GRPDA handles with an LPDA so they could get flexible fulfillment alerts but still have a handle.

We also have 3 LPDAs that are stuck in a boot cycle and 1 that has connection problems
3 regualr PDAs that are stuck in a boot cycle

Has anybody attempted to cold boot them? If that doesn't work, they may need to be reconfigured.

A former ETL of mine tried to get the backroom to use the GRPDA handles with an LPDA so they could get flexible fulfillment alerts but still have a handle.

Has anybody attempted to cold boot them? If that doesn't work, they may need to be reconfigured.
Why did they have to use a LPDA when all PDAs except for the 9200s recieved alerts--you know before REDwire...

i don't remember what model ours are, but our pdas and lpdas both suck. they are seriously just trash. most of them have been so busted up that the batteries don't even fit right anymore, meaning if you move it around too much, it just shuts off. we just got in the mydevices which work pretty well, aside from the fact that if you don't scan something every five minutes then it kicks you out of the program. i haven't touched a pda since we got them in.

Despite the DC being a megalithic building of steel and concrete, we almost never have connectivity issues. Store-side was a different story. During Q4 for a few years, we had an extra trailer sitting behind the sore with located toys. Go in more than 4-5 ft and you lost signal. Went red on CAFs more than once because of this. Another time we had our network repeaters throughout the store malfunctioning, so we would lose signal in our coolers, freezers, electronics stockroom, ambient room and the furthermost aisles. Went red on pulls for days until ETL-HL started throwing a fit about why we hadn't finished the food audit (SDA? I cant remember the term, it's been a while). We plainly told him that the repeaters hadn't been working for days, and that it would be red everyday until it got fixed. Got signal restored four hours later.

Repeater problems oh don't get me started. Today it was the PDA network was crawling, 30 seconds between scans just waiting for system to register info and beam back what was requested. The MyDevices were ok, but our in store WiFi for guest phones - dead today.. Not a fun day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back