Archived How do they determine store volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people on here refer to their store being ultra low volume, high volume, etc. Does anyone know what kind of sales constitute which volume?

For example, my store had a sales goal of $130,000 yesterday, which we surpassed by a good $30,000. What kind of volume does that mean my store is?

average annual sales.. im pretty sure someone posted a grid breaking it down..

It's based loosely on average annual sales, along with other factors from market analysis. My store is consistently forecasted for 100+, yet we're only a B-volume. We continually get trucks that are way more than our staffing can handle. It's BS.

Um the breakout of volume was on the wiki, which I still haven't ported over to this site yet.

Correct store volume is based upon annual sales ...for intance my store is a 40 million target store and we are b volume but u think they are trying to stay away from namin stores by volume just because ever store is different for intance one of the stores in my district make 30 million but they are big soflines store they make alot of soft lines sales so their volume in soft lines is higher even if their total store volume is lower

Is there a way to find your store volume on Workbench? From what I understand, we're the highest volume store in the district, but I'm curious as to what volume class we're considered.

You should be able to look it up under Workbench -> Store Reports -> Store Fact Sheet

You should be able to look it up under Workbench -> Store Reports -> Store Fact Sheet

That report scares me with all the details it has... Nearest competitors, nearest school, racial and ethnic demographics, average and median income information, etc. All kinds of things that I wouldn't have thought of for a Store Fact Sheet. I guess I was expecting "You have 187 employees, store is 224,000 square feet, there are 6 leaks in the roof..."

So I found the Store Fact Sheet the other night, and it surprised me that a lowly cashier such as myself could have access to all that information. We're a A+ volume P-Fresh (I forget which prototype though).

Theres usually a paper in the Backroom on the bulletin board by the bathroom (atleast thats where it is in my store), with how you rank against other stores in the district. Has your volume and all the other stores volumes on it too

Bumping an old thread because I once saw a newer thread: a thread that listed store "letter grades" and their yearly volume range.

I would like to see that list/chart/whatever (can't remember the format) again, figure where my store's at.

Betting one of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

What about LV and ULV? Can those be determined by letter alone or is it based on sales?

ULV and low volume are just shorthand vernacular for referring to certain groups of volume. ULV typically refers to D and C volume stores. Not sure what bracket low volume would apply to off-hand.

I think I read something on here about 25 mil, but I don't remember what that referred to. It might have been 7:30 unload determination.

Bumping an old thread because I once saw a newer thread: a thread that listed store "letter grades" and their yearly volume range.

I would like to see that list/chart/whatever (can't remember the format) again, figure where my store's at.

Betting one of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/target-talk-definitions.157/page-2#post-2031

Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less

ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

Disclaimer, that post is from 2011 and the dollar ranges have most likely shifted a bit.

Thank you Formina Sage. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back