Archived How do you deal with guest price challenge in toys this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with flow and tms flexing all kinds of toys under the wrong labels, does your store just honor them? Had a guest wanting 2 of these LOL balls that were half the price according to the label it was under. Guest challenged it and I honored it. $12 difference for each.

So with flow and tms flexing all kinds of toys under the wrong labels, does your store just honor them? Had a guest wanting 2 of these LOL balls that were half the price according to the label it was under. Guest challenged it and I honored it. $12 difference for each.
Talk withLOD about ensuring location accuracy

Since I’m usually one of the ones who gets called for price challenges, I try to use best judgement. This time of year I approve the most price changes due to it being hectic and not being worth holding up a line arguing a few dollars.

$2-3 I generally just do. $5+ I check to see what the lowest selling price is and judge based on that. I’ll call down and check occassionally too. If something is pushed in the wrong spot, I obviously change it, apologize, and make sure it gets fixed.

I never feel comfortable approving large changes. I’ll double check with my GSTL/ LOD a lot of times or at least let the hardlines TL know what happened. I do expect the guest to read the sign though, so for large differences I’ll point that out. Like okay, you took a picture of legos sitting above a cheaper price tag that does not say lego... nah, sorry.

Yeah.

Given how close it is to Christmas, there really shouldn't be any toy backstock. Everything should be flexed in line with price point (same price or higher). Everyone on Flow/Inbound/whatever should know that, but TMs sometimes slip through the cracks (or don't care). To be honest, much of what's been challenged at my store is probably due to guests picking something up and placing it down elsewhere. It still gets honored though (within reason), just to get shit out the door.

Uh, we have more toys in our backroom than on the salesfloor.

Yeah, our store was in the same position about a week ago. Then we put everything else on hold and purged all our backroom toy aisles. Toys won't sell after Christmas, not quick enough to allow us to recover the space we took for them. So it all goes out to get sold now. Pretty much treating it like we do seasonal.

Hee hee. Our store, too.

We have gobs of Seasonal, Mini AND Toys in our BR.

:lolsob:

Yeah, our store was in the same position about a week ago. Then we put everything else on hold and purged all our backroom toy aisles. Toys won't sell after Christmas, not quick enough to allow us to recover the space we took for them. So it all goes out to get sold now. Pretty much treating it like we do seasonal.

I've been told we don't have the hours. Well, I hope we have the hours to pull and mark it as clearance.

Ours is a shit show, if it sounds reasonable - do it. People have been told to just fucking push it so its a mess. GSTL's now know that just go with it and its crazy amount we usually give a discount but not the crazy price they were asking for.

So when you tell a cashier the lower price and then I have seen people take pictures of stuff to get it for the lower price but it has to be more than one in the picture and it also depends because check with leader on duty

Well, as a toys TM I know what we've flexed, which isn't much for this very reason and because we aren't out out of a whole lot of things. I know that we have changed the shelf price on everything we have flexed. We don't let inbounds flex because Good God that would be a disaster. So if I'm backing up the front, I don't let guests get away with much. If it could possibly have been a TM doing something they weren't supposed to do, within price reason I'll give it to the guest. I just use my judgement and knowledge of the section. But, I know when I'm being fucked with by the guest and just say no.

Ours is a shit show, if it sounds reasonable - do it. People have been told to just fucking push it so its a mess. GSTL's now know that just go with it and its crazy amount we usually give a discount but not the crazy price they were asking for.
I have had to honor some "Crazy Pie" prices changes this week at GS; several of them over $50 because whoever pushed the item clearly could not read shelf labels.

I don't cashier really...ever but when I get asked to verify a price: as I do any time of the year, if it was pushed wrong (multiples of the same item, wrong place) or just doesn't seem like the guest moved it themselves and they want to buy it, I generally walk them over to electronics and ring it in myself at the posted price and then fix the issue afterwards. If it looks awkward or so insanely obvious we didn't do it, I send em up front and tell them to mention the posted price but that I can't guarantee what they'll do.
Some people have gotten some nice 30-50% off deals on Lego's because of TMs/TLs flexing an "endcap" without thinking to remove the sale sign for what is supposed to go there.

I make the sale if the system allows. We are way too busy to check with toys. Lodge it as guest challenge, and toys can check signage at private e accuracy time.

I have had to honor some "Crazy Pie" prices changes this week at GS; several of them over $50 because whoever pushed the item clearly could not read shelf labels.

We have too, I have been the one who did the shelf check for the GSTL and took a picture for AP if it came back to us.. It was over that $50 mark and I was so damn tired of seeing that bullshit cause we just shoved crap out this year via order from the STL that labels and tying product was too time consuming and we needed product out on the shelf..

Ok dumbass you are loosing your fucking shirt and I can help you with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back