Archived How do you relax after work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanging out with my wife usually does the trick. Cheesy as it may be, she's my best friend and can almost always calm me down when I'm stressed out.

Also alcohol and sex.

Funny, most of the time, my wife is the source of my stress, and I go to work to get away and relax.....(Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, just sometimes......).....

You subconsciously loved that he smelled like french fries. :yes3:

On topic: don't let work get to you. Try your hardest while you're there, but the second you walk out that door it's not your problem anymore. Also, try to find some relaxing music to listen to on your breaks and the drive home. Recommendation: City and Colour.

Bahahahaha! He actually worked at a Pollo Loco but he never came home smelling like chicken:)

Bahahahaha! He actually worked at a Pollo Loco but he never came home smelling like chicken:)
At first I thought you wrote "El Pollo Hermanos", and was concerned that Jesse Pinkman was now working at Target.

Funny, most of the time, my wife is the source of my stress, and I go to work to get away and relax.....(Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, just sometimes......).....

Oooohhhh!!!! I'm telling! OK, not really, it's not like she's ever in there anymore. Yes, NoRedCards and I do work at the same store. Somewhere, in insanity:wacko:

I usually relax by *****in' on some forum about work. It's thebreakroom.org, have you heard of it? It's pretty cool.

But seriously, I usually take a nap, talk to my friend who works at the front desk of my apartment building, or go visit my boyfriend.

Hanging out with my wife usually does the trick. Cheesy as it may be, she's my best friend and can almost always calm me down when I'm stressed out.

Also alcohol and sex.

Then you found the right one.

My dh is the complete opposite of me. I'm a type A, and when I go off, he has a way of smiling at me in that goofy way that calms me down right away.

Dang, I am so lucky, why am I stressing over this job?

I have another suggestion.
It's not really relaxing but it can be a great way to take your mind off Target.
Certainly doesn't work for everyone that's for sure but I've found politics to work.
Get out in the streets, find a cause or a candidate you like and support it.
Working for a cause bigger than yourself can make the drek you have to put up with everyday seem pretty minor.

I used to go take a walk around Wally-World after work to calm myself by saying "Gee I'm glad I don't work here!"

hahaha but no... in all seriousness, I usually found myself shopping at wal-mart because even with the employee discount at Target, **** was still cheaper at walmart haha.

Definitely need to find another way to relax after work. If it's closing and I don't open the next day, I usually pop in a movie. If it's a 6 or 7am shift, I take a HUGE nap when I get home. Lately I've had no motivation for anything. Hopefully with warm weather coming I can start to be outside more!

Definitely need to find another way to relax after work. If it's closing and I don't open the next day, I usually pop in a movie. If it's a 6 or 7am shift, I take a HUGE nap when I get home. Lately I've had no motivation for anything. Hopefully with warm weather coming I can start to be outside more!

Dude, you need to learn to compartmentalize things. It's something I learned in the military, don't take things to heart. Granted, killing people and Target are miles apart, but the concept is the same. Put things in their place, don't take stuff personally, and enjoy the little things. You sound like you're borderline depressed, learn to compartmentalize, things are much easier to deal with when you do.

Yardwork is a great thing! My grass needs cutting. So come on over. We can double team cutting the bushes. I will demoing when the rains atop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back