Archived How do you successfully pull an item from the backroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey

Searching for a PDA
So, I was never fully taught how to find an item/pull an item for a TM to give to a guest.

Usually, a TM on the salesfloor calls over the walkie, on channel two, asking if someone in the backroom can pull an item for a costumer.

I wanna reply, but as I said, I was never shown how to do it correctly. And believe me, I've asked a few people before, but they all gave me mixed tutorials.

It also doesn't help that about 98% of the PDAs in my store are not far from being a paper weight.

Proper way. Go to web apps( not rf apps), all applications/mywork, then go into subt. You then type in 49xxxxxxxxx( the x's = dpci). Then click salefloor request. it will then show you the locations. scan location barcode and pull item.

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Every time I go to SUBT, put in the item code, then tap enter it takes me back to the home screen.

Is that because I'm not putting 49 first?

If you use the DPCI you need to put 49. UPCs don't need the 49.

I have had issues with SUBT not working when I push enter on the screen, so I always push the enter key on the keypad.

Im not sure if this is the taught way or not but it seems to go a little bit faster even if it is a bit more work. I usually LOCU the location, take what i need and then re-locate everything back in. It kind of helps the back room too with updating the location.

You go to the RF ap's... type in LOCU, scan the location your pulling from, take what you need, scan all the items left in the location, enter quantities if asked, exit LOCU

I live in the Bulkside stockroom so my way is a bit different but i still use it everywhere else when needed...

For a TM who has never been taught how to pull from location, I would not recommend @Dave Johnson's method. Just use SUBT until you can get someone to show you more about location accuracy and LOCU.

If you use the DPCI you need to put 49. UPCs don't need the 49.

I have had issues with SUBT not working when I push enter on the screen, so I always push the enter key on the keypad.

I've noticed this too, and I never had such a problem with the RF Apps version of SUBT. If I tried to use the enter button on the screen, it would act like it had timed out and the backstocked quantity wouldn't update. (If anyone from my store's backroom team is reading this, I apologize if I created any ghosts before I figured out the problem.) But if I pressed the enter key and went through the process quickly, I would know the pull was completed successfully because the backstocked quantity would update right away.

For a TM who has never been taught how to pull from location, I would not recommend @Dave Johnson's method. Just use SUBT until you can get someone to show you more about location accuracy and LOCU.

Yeah, this is only a good idea for bulk and casestock locations. Don't LOCU wacos of cosmetics unless you absolutely have to.

locu and you are done take said item and leave rest as ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back