Archived How does Black Friday work? I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a flow team member well now they changed me to backroom. We start working at 4am every day. I got hired in August this year, so of course I don't know how this is going to work.

I asked my other co-workers about it and they told me that they chose certain people for that day. I thought we were all going to work that day. I know that the store will be closed on thanksgiving, but im wondering about the start time on black Friday. For those who know do they start at 4am like all the time?

You will work what ever you are scheduled that day. I doubt target will be closed on thanksgiving.

Depends on your store...my store typically has 2 backroom team members working at any given time from store open(6pm Thur) to whenever the doors close(sounds like midnight on Friday)

What you'll be doing is dropping manual CAFS during non-CAF hours, pulling down pallets for the salesfloor, purging out Toys/Electronics, and basically trying to keep the backroom as organized as possible while the chaos happens. Your team lead/ETL may opt to force Autofill drops every other hour or so. We typically use both morning and dayside backroom team members throughout the day. If you have a truck on Thursday, it's possible that you'll work 4 hours in the morning processing the truck, then come back later in the evening to work at 8pm doing an additional 4 hours thursday(That puts you at 8 hours for Thursday), then 4 hours Friday. We did that to a lot of people last year due to not having enough bodies. People hated it.

Basically your schedule is going to be a clusterfuck for that week. You won't be able to plan for anything

Our truck is Friday morning around 1. On regular truck days we schedule every BRTM so not sure how we're gonna handle 6-1 and 10-close. I guess it will be the puller since he won't be pulling POGs that day.

we're getting hours cut... they hired a bunch lot of people. I work at a Super Target, so I'm guessing it's high volume.

13 seasons of this and it seems to be more chaotic every year.

Joel - you'll be working. Every flow team works that weekend. Backroom is going to get dumped on heavy. Don't stress it, everything will work itself out. Our shift just went overnight, we're a $55M store and it's gonna be hectic. Last year I did a 4am to 12pm on Thanksgiving and came back at 8pm for 10 more hours. This is when Target makes money and so will you. Just prepare yourself to run.

You're in the backroom for Black Thursday? Remember the most important rule... DO NOT LEAVE THE BACKROOM. Once you get sucked into the salesfloor... you're never coming back.

"Where the hell is Joel?! He needs to be pulling man-CAFs!"
"I heard he stuck his head out the doors to see how long the lines were! That's the last anyone has seen of him..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back