Archived How does your store do things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just trying to figure out if all stores are the same or if mine just does things terrible. I work backroom in a pretty high volume super just for reference. At my store, the sales floor is required to take a five minute service walk at the top of every hour. There is also one person that is scheduled to do the vibe walk for 30 minutes. Every workcenter has at least one 30 minute vibe walk. The person doing the walk has to stay in softlines for fifteen minutes and in the over the counter section of HBA for fifteen minutes.

As a backroom team member I despise the vibe walks. They make us do one at 10:30am and then another one 8:30pm. They also have started making us push our own 7 o'clock cafs.

I have absolutely no problem doing the morning walk and don't really mind pushing cafs, but I do not like that second vibe walk when the closer is the only one there. It just seems ridiculous for us to lose 1.5 hours of productivity in back during the course of the day. So how does your store do things? Is my store normal or does it suck as much as it seems?

Here's a pic of the vibe walk schedule

Attachments

• PicsArt_1397214833899.jpg
    PicsArt_1397214833899.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
We work the last pull, but no vibe walk yet. I can usually work the pull in the time it takes to pull it or less, but sometimes guests stop me. I don't do the "too busy face" and always ask CIHYFS. I also go to the huddle. Actually, I will never complain about having more "silly" tasks because it is less time that I have to backstock. Currently I'm at about 30 minutes each night that I can actually backstock.

We work the last pull, but no vibe walk yet. I can usually work the pull in the time it takes to pull it or less, but sometimes guests stop me. I don't do the "too busy face" and always ask CIHYFS. I also go to the huddle. Actually, I will never complain about having more "silly" tasks because it is less time that I have to backstock. Currently I'm at about 30 minutes each night that I can actually backstock.
And you are able to get everything done in thirty minutes? I usually have around 1-1.5 hours of backstock left. Then I have to deal with the overnight etls asking me why I didn't get my work done if I don't finish.

Of course not. Same thing for me except that we do not have overnight ETLs so it is the next night's closing LOD asking me because the ETL-Log told him/her to. So I have to explain since the closing LOD is not familiar with the Logistics process. They say "okay" and we repeat. Of course the closing LOD has to tell me that I have to finish what I didn't do the night before and clock out by my scheduled time. Then I say "okay".

VIBE walks aren't as scheduled out at my store. I did see that instocks team does an afternoon walk. That is funny. My instocks team is gone by 1230 at the latest. My backroom guys don't normally work the pulls out at night but if there are lots of call ins they have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back