Archived How does your store schedule consumables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B volume Pfresh with 2 PAs and a CTL.

Opener 6-2:30
Closer anywhere from 1-3 til close.

Current PA, but going to quit due to bad leadership and crazy expectations. Zone dry goods, and no cleaning, that's cool I guess? Plus a bossy lead in market that doesn't do what they advertise. Also the ETL is blind to what's really going on. We also have closers calling in alot. A person can only do so much work without help or a mid day person. The good ones end up quitting.

At my store we have 2 PAs and we get every other Saturday or Sunday off, not full weekends. My ETL told me that PA is not a leadership position so we can't get a full weekend off unless you request one of those days off.

Thats bullshit. I got every other weekend off as a PA. You should rotate with your partner PA .

Last edited:
Current PA, but going to quit due to bad leadership and crazy expectations. Zone dry goods, and no cleaning, that's cool I guess? Plus a bossy lead in market that doesn't do what they advertise. Also the ETL is blind to what's really going on. We also have closers calling in alot. A person can only do so much work without help or a mid day person. The good ones end up quitting.

This was me, instead of quitting I moved to Signing, which is A WHOLE 'NOTHER level of retardation (Imagine being the Brand TM for the entire store that is Signing at my store)..... I have gotten to watch my Former-ETL figuratively eat his own Hat, which is nice... I also enjoy the look of the new PA's that subtly say "how the fuck did you do this". Of course, i always help them out when they ask, and then some. It is also fun to point out how much i did over there when they ask "how did u manage to get all these salesplanners done". Within an answer like, well not did I only get them done, but I also sat down and scheduled them for us (even for my own TL) and we got them done like clockwork. (Since I left other random TL's have taken over scheduling them which leads to total chaos when the actual market routines are not figured in).

Last edited:
We're a Super Target. So it's a little different than pfresh. Dry grocery and dairy are one TL, produce and meat are one TL, deli and bakery have their own TLs. They all write their own schedules. Generally the grocery TL has 1-2 openers that come in at 7-8am, usually himself and grocery assistant. One focuses on dairy, which includes sorting the eggs and milk order depending on the day, and the other focuses on setting salesplanners, if any, and pushing pulls. They generally work 8 hour shifts, then around 2-4pm the closers begin coming in, usually one person for dairy and two for dry grocery. Midday shifts are only for busy weekends.

Produce is one person at 6am for culling, then usually someone comes in on a truck day with them to work truck, then around 1, the closer comes in. Meat has an opener and a closer on truck day, then on non-truck day it's just one midday to keep the floor filled. Also someone else comes in at 6 to cut fruit.

Truck days:
Opener 8-3:30pm
Closer/receiver 3:30-1130pm
1 or 2 (dependent on if the CTL is with us) truck pushers 7:30-11:30pm
CTL 3:30-11:45pm or late mid 12:00-8:45pm

Non-truck days:
Opener 8-3:30pm
Closer 3:30-11:30pm
No mids

I get about 190-220 hours right now for consumables. I'm a low volume, high traffic store. we just dropped in workchart so my hours before they bumped up were about 140 a week.

I have two PA's , but I'm actually only scheduled for one.

So-

M-F 6:00am opening PA - 11am-745pm mid PA, two closers 6p-11. One zones dry market, one zones coolers and freezes. PA's are responsible for all of pfresh, and I'll usually hae them zone some coolers as well.
(M and F we have McLane. One of my closers will work 3-11 that day and do McLane before closing zone)

S-S Just the morning PA, and then closers at night. Hardlines team helps any guests until closers arrive.

Truck days, I have 3 or 4 flow team members schedules to do truck. They are very quick, and usually knock out all of dairy, frozen and meat in an hour or so, then they'll help challenge or they'll go home early. PA handles the produce truck which I'll jump into if I'm not LOD or doing something in a different department.

At my store Consumables gets less than 90 hours per week...IT BLOWS. On top of that every freaking day we have working huddle that takes til about 850 in the morning and midday zone which is usually ANOTHER 30+ minutes. You take that time away from what we are scheduled and we barely get about 80 hours for the entire week.

We are responsible for Dry Market and Pfresh too. Along with pushing out the morning and afternoon autofills PLUS backstocking them. Also doing the BR SDA. We also have the joy of pushing out ALL Mcclane Candy on Fridays, do Market reshop, fill baskets in Market, and usually pushing out Bakery, Meat and whatever else on the 3 nights we push C&S

I get about 190-220 hours right now for consumables. I'm a low volume, high traffic store. we just dropped in workchart so my hours before they bumped up were about 140 a week.

I have two PA's , but I'm actually only scheduled for one.

So-

M-F 6:00am opening PA - 11am-745pm mid PA, two closers 6p-11. One zones dry market, one zones coolers and freezes. PA's are responsible for all of pfresh, and I'll usually hae them zone some coolers as well.
(M and F we have McLane. One of my closers will work 3-11 that day and do McLane before closing zone)

S-S Just the morning PA, and then closers at night. Hardlines team helps any guests until closers arrive.

Truck days, I have 3 or 4 flow team members schedules to do truck. They are very quick, and usually knock out all of dairy, frozen and meat in an hour or so, then they'll help challenge or they'll go home early. PA handles the produce truck which I'll jump into if I'm not LOD or doing something in a different department.

If your flow team members can knock out ALL of dairy, frozen and meat what is your push, like 150 pieces? Do they not FIFO, break it down on the line, or even backstock it. We are a fairly low volume store, usually never over 100k forecast, and on our large thursday truck the average is about 500 pieces with 4 or 5 TMS.

If your flow team members can knock out ALL of dairy, frozen and meat what is your push, like 150 pieces? Do they not FIFO, break it down on the line, or even backstock it. We are a fairly low volume store, usually never over 100k forecast, and on our large thursday truck the average is about 500 pieces with 4 or 5 TMS.

They FIFO, but we do not break down the pallets. We never have, since before I was market TL, and we still don't. And no, backroom owns backstocking, so they also own the truck backstock. Our trucks are usually around 300 pieces right now. But now I went from 220 hours to 68 so you know. I'm crying

They FIFO, but we do not break down the pallets. We never have, since before I was market TL, and we still don't. And no, backroom owns backstocking, so they also own the truck backstock. Our trucks are usually around 300 pieces right now. But now I went from 220 hours to 68 so you know. I'm crying

That is brutal....why so low? Even we get about 90 hours for market and we dont have a CTL and are lower volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back