Archived How does your store work the FDC truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find out how other stores work their FDC trucks? How many people, how big are the unloads, what times do you come in, what the person working backstock does? For us it seems like we can never get our FDC truck done, by at least store opening. We work FDC trucks Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's. We work the frozen pallet first, but we have to get all our equipment first (Cage for cardboard, printer and pda for barcodes, qmos bin, and marker) which takes up to 15-20 min. So at that point it's already 4:20 by the time we're grabbing the first pallet. Then they have to be separated. Our trucks are normally 300. Higher on Saturday's as high as 500/600. I'm hoping I can get some ideas so I can bring them up to my ETL and get this unload done faster.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing all your comments.
Have a blessed day.

We don't separate ours. My Pa unloads the fdc truck when it arrive and moves it into the coolers. At 9 I have a team of 4 that comes in for FDC and they push each pallet one at a time bcoding the items as they go. They normally get done at around 1 sometimes 2 if there is a lot of backstock left over from the last trucks as we will repush that. They just use carts for their trash and a 3 tier for the qmos which we will defect later. The hardest part is actually getting the product backstocked lately, they tend to pull ours away to help with the GM backstock. We are working on that part.

We get a truck every other day. We have one guy in dairy, meat, and produce. Produce and meat sort the pallets. I arrive at six, an hour before everyone else. If the truck gets there at six, I unload it and put the pallets in the respective coolers unless they're mixed. I put mixed pallets in meat, and sort as soon as I'm done unloading. Usually the team member in meat is there by seven. We get the sort done by 7:30. Each team is essentially responsible for their area.

Yeah, we have the PA put the pallets away. Freezer in the freezer and usually all cooler pallets in the dairy. Once it's put away, it won't get worked until the next day. They're are usually 2-3 of us and someone to pull the autofills and work backstock. Then we just grab one pallet at a time sorting them into carts and working them out. It can take about a hour per pallet depending on the size. Some of those pallets are 6-7 ft tall though and they are mixed with everything which doesn't help.

FDC comes M, W, F and Sun. Team of six comes in 3a - 11:30. There are 4 - 7 pallets of dairy/frozen; the rest get moved to meat/bakery/produce. We're a push all super, so the freezer pallets are moved to the floor and worked immediately to ensure it gets done by store open (which doesn't happen sometimes). One of the six works meat, two backstock freezers and the rest backstock dairy. If anything doesn't get done, it won't get done the next day, being that the team is scheduled every other day. Our pallets are mixed because the DC is automated. Back when humans built the pallets, items were broken down a bit better. Target moved to automated to save dollars.

When the DC pushes a ton, sometimes the log team will come in on off-truck days to finish, but it isn't often.

Wow you guys must have high volume stores.. we get FDC once a week on Wednesdays. The arrival time is always different.. but USUALLY it shows up before store opening. Flow team pushes our pallets, usually only one cooler and one freezer. Depending on what time it arrives is what determines how many people push.. Usually takes us no more than an hour though.

At our store, the PA usually helps our Flow TM unload the pallets and move them into the coolers/freezer. Around 10:00 most of the flow team except for softlines moves over to knock out the frozen and dairy pallets. One or two stay behind to push the meat, and the PA usually pushes all of produce. We have a designated Flow TM who backstocks FDC in the Produce, Meat and Dairy coolers. Frozen backstock usually stays until the next day

We have 4-5 people who come in at 8 we get usually 3 pallets in frozen and 3 pallets in dairy including juice. We Breakout dairy and separate them into cheeses, yogurt and cream and cookies and butter. and have 2-3 people push dairy and 2 people push frozen we breakout frozen on the line and separate pallets into 1st aisle 2nd aisle back-wall bakery pizza hut and frozen meat. Than we have 1 person go push and back stock lunch meat and bakery and meat and produce push their parts of the trucks. We usually get done with push by 11 and start back stocking while somebody does juice and meat. We use cages for trash and a smart cart for QMOS. usually done by about 1-1:45

Our PA or TL pushes meat and produce. Our flow is only responsible for dairy and frozen. It's usually a team of 4 working 6am-1130.. I've never seen our team backstock though.. I believe that is left to the backroom, and THAT is why we can't even walk into our freezer right now without pulling out 3 tubs just to get in..

Our trucks are 500-1100 pieces and arrive anywhere between 330a and 730a
4a: 2 flow people come in, pull all pfresh batches, start pushing dairy/freezer autofills.
4:30: An additional person helps push those autofills, then the truck.
Whenever the truck arrives, we have a guy that breaks down our pallets once he's done with the regular unload. Also jumps in to push as well.
5: First market team member arrives and pushes produce/meat/deli/bake. Second comes in at 7.
Once we have enough backstock, one of the 4a tm goes to the back to get a start on it.
The 3 tms that are now almost done with dairy, move onto freezer. Once freezer is done, the second 4a tm goes to the back to backstock as well.
2 tms backstock EVERYTHING pfresh. They leave at noon. Half the time they finish early and help out backroom.
Only time we don't come clean is if the truck arrives past 7 and it's a larger truck.

I'm one of the 4a tms, our etl leaves us alone, only asking if we need any additional help. It's a pretty smooth process for all of us.

We get FDC in the afternoon every other day and work the pallets the next morning (we don't break down the pallets or have a dedicated team-it's the sales floor, pog team, LOD, and ETLs pushing the pallets.) I'm at a P-fresh store and our average is around 250-300 piece trucks.

Did anyone fdc truck get changed to afternoon delivery?

No, but supposedly we're testing a morning push process. We're an overnight store, but the FDC truck arrives in the early morning, and part of the flow team breaks off to work the FDC freight. Now the opening team is going to be responsible for pushing FDC. Let the chaos commence.

Starting with today's truck, we're going to be receiving trucks in the afternoons. This is a good deal, for our store. We have time to finish our cull and zone everything up before the store opens. We also have an opportunity to put everything up so we know what we received, pushed, etc so that an accurate order can be done.

Since the trucks will be coming in the afternoons, orders have to be completed the by the end of the following day, instead of the same day. Again, we get a truck every other day.

My only issue with this is when items are cut -- we're going to have to wait roughly half a business day longer than normal to get another truck in with hopefully the correct items.

No matter. We can flex with cabbage. Citrus bunker empty? CABBAGE! Salads looking bare? CABBAGE! Cabbage empty? Bullshit, look in the back. We now have 11 cases of god damn cabbage.

Our truck comes between nine and eleven in the morning. It used to come between four and six.

I remember before P-Fresh Era I got put on overnights to work market frozen and cooler loads. Mon-Wed-Fri where our McLane loads would come in the afternoon. It was a greatland with the expanded market about 20 dairy/juice/lunch meat coolers and 20 frozen coolers. Pull the pallet to the floor it would take me till lunch to push two pallets and exf batches I pulled to fill empty spots. Backstock was done by a designated day side backroom team member. Non McLane days Tues and Thursday I would help flow push dry market and seasonal those where the days. At 19 I worked Monday thru Friday 40 hours a week a lot of team members didn't like me for that but I was a good worker and just did my job and left no complaints from me.

My pfresh truck comes 4 times a week, tues thurs sat and sun, arrives about 4 to 5 am. It is about 1000 to 1200 pieces each time. We need help getting it done please send more people to get this done the truck is always big and 4 to 5 logistic zone TMs just doesn't cut it. Monday there was still 2 dairy pallets left from Sunday's fdc truck. Ouch.

My pfresh truck comes 4 times a week, tues thurs sat and sun, arrives about 4 to 5 am. It is about 1000 to 1200 pieces each time. We need help getting it done please send more people to get this done the truck is always big and 4 to 5 logistic zone TMs just doesn't cut it. Monday there was still 2 dairy pallets left from Sunday's fdc truck. Ouch.
Wow, 1200 pieces? At that point, it needs to start being treated like a small GM truck. You just wouldn't have 4-5 TMs push AND backstock a 1200 piece truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back