Archived How does your Target Flow work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how it is done in your store.

Unloading Truck
You have 2 people in the truck unloading it & 1 person scanning and pushing the line. When i was in the truck. I had to push the line.

Bowling Out Pallets
When they bowl the pallets out. The boxes are just thrown down the isle. Its a maze just to get by. You have to move boxes just to get in it. Nothing is the area. It's like cleaning up after a 3 year old.

Stocking Shelfs
For most of the time. Things are in the right place. I had the luck of getting in the Pasta isle. It had 4 items in the wrong place. I had to remove the item from the shelf. Just to stock right item.

Cleaning Up Spills
From what i can tell. Nothing is done when something is spilled. Not ever the wet floor sign. I found this out the hard way when i slipped pulling a pallet.

People who Zone at Night.
I don't know what target policy is on zoning a store. But why.... O Why, would you fill an empty space with the item nexted to it. Just because the other item is sold out. They don't move anything if it has to be pulled up or down from a shelf.

From the time i have worked so far. Target to no where close to FAST, FUN & FRIENDLY.

1) yep, and sometimes two people pushing the line by the time your getting to the back of the truck.

2) Your supposed to bowl it to in the right spot or pretty close, some people are a little more casual than others. Also keep in mind that you have two sides to the aisle, it might have been meant for the other side.

3) We aren't going to go into other peoples stupid stocking. Who knows who did it. Don't take the time to fix it right now because it will probably turn out to be full. Pull it and backstock it.

4) The spills in the back will be cleaned up when the truck is done, at the time they'll just throw absorbing powder on it. Up front they should be taken care of right away. Every trash can has a spill station.

5) don't get me started on zoning at night. That annoys me, too. And instocks and just about everybody else but it makes the store look pretty and full.

I don't know what target policy is on zoning a store. But why.... O Why, would you fill an empty space with the item nexted to it. Just because the other item is sold out. They don't move anything if it has to be pulled up or down from a shelf.

From the time i have worked so far. Target to no where close to FAST, FUN & FRIENDLY.

There is no policy on zoning anymore. There aren't enough hours to accommodate a respectable amount of closers to accomplish such a task. The floor is so light during the day that it's impossible for the team to get anything significant done. The day side teams have a couple of hours to try and set salesplanners that the understaffed backroom doesn't have time to pull, spend time in the extremely unorganized fixture rooms hunting for fixtures we probably don't have anymore, and responding to backup calls from the equally understaffed front end. By the time they get a few endcaps set it's just in time for the extremely productive power hour! Then the rest of the afternoon is spent pushing pulls and responding to more backup.

At this point it's so far gone at my store, the closers we have now have never worked in a store where they were expected to completely zone anything. When I first started a hundred years ago, we stayed until the zone was done. It's a whole new world now.

Sorry I don't have much insight to the flow process! I do know however that in my store, the Flow TL and Logistics ETL respond to spills so the team can keep pushing.

Stocking Shelfs
For most of the time. Things are in the right place. I had the luck of getting in the Pasta isle. It had 4 items in the wrong place. I had to remove the item from the shelf. Just to stock right item.

Areas that have a high amount of variety such as grocery will often have things in the wrong place, especially if the person stocking it has a primary language other than English.

Depending on the TL/ETL, they sometimes make people flex to cover holes even when the aisle is not MPG. It's a pet peeve of mine personally.

Welcome to the suck.

Our store just started Tue with a "Metered Unload". One person in the truck, 3 people on the line. Pushers come in later and in 2 staggered groups to push out on the floor. Oh and everyone is only pushing in their own assigned block number. It sucks for us in the back room. Its just got rolled out in our group so hopefully they will change it a bit.

Our store just started Tue with a "Metered Unload". One person in the truck, 3 people on the line. Pushers come in later and in 2 staggered groups to push out on the floor. Oh and everyone is only pushing in their own assigned block number. It sucks for us in the back room. Its just got rolled out in our group so hopefully they will change it a bit.

That sounds horrible.

It sounds like it could work as long as the BR wave is done with truck bs. Then each brtm would bs flow bs in their assigned aisles as flow brings it. Which would all be at the same time, but would be okay since there should be enough brtms. Should allow people to own their areas, although I'm not sure if it's fair to have certain flow TMs only do home decor where it's more labor intensive than consumables.

Since everyone on flow has their own area the BR ends up going out there and getting what ever BS they can and at the end of the day it seems like flow finishes at around the same time which leaves us looking like a mess. kinda sucks as it stands.

Here's how the process at my store works. This can vary depending on the amount of people.

1a) Two people unload the truck. One person scans. One person handles the front of the line. 4-5 people handle the push side. 3-2 people handle the backstock side.

1b) Two people unload the truck. One person scans. One person handles the front of the line and the palettes in the middle of the push side of the line. 2 people handle the second half of the push side. 1 person handles the backstock side.

2) Palettes are bowled out and pulls are brought up to be pushed. Freight gets to floor. Flow pushes.

3) Clear the floor.

Our Flow Process recently just changed. We're a 4AM process.

1) Unload Process:
2 throwers
1 scanner
1 pusher (usually the early morning LOD or the BR bulk TM)
4 on the push side
1 backstock side
1 person on the very end of the line sorting H&B freight and repacks into carts

2) Bowling Process: (This is done during the unload process.. once we're done unloading, the team should be done bowling.)
2 people pulling pallets off the line
2 people bowling out pets, chem, and paper
2 people bowling out grocery
1 person bowling out toys, sporting goods, automotive, seasonal, etc
1 person bowling out home improvement, home decor, furniture, bedding, bath

--- 15 min break ---

3) Pushing Process:
1 person gets assigned to work plug freight and repacks (small appliances and kitchen)
1 or 2 people gets assigned to work paper
1 person gets assigned to work toys, sporting goods, automotive, seasonal freight and repacks (usually the person that bowled it out)
1 person jump starts working in the home improvement, home decor, furniture, bedding, bath area
1 person in electronics
The Wave team (which consists of all the bowlers and the unloading people) pushes through pets, chem, grocery, home improvement, home decor, furniture, bedding, bath
While the team moves into each respective area, the TL or ETL assigns different people to work pulls & repacks in each area
1 person performing cardboard duty while the team is pushing

By 8:00am all this should be done. It's time for lunch for the people who are working 5.5 hours or more. The remaining people who usually get off at 9:30am begins pushing stationary/H&B freight and repacks. We're usually done with an average 2300 piece truck by 11:00.

We are an UltraLowVolume store so truck unload starts at 7:30. There is NO backstock. The entire truck is pushed to the floor except for the Transision that is not set. The pallets can stay on the floor until they take lunch at 11:30. Tough job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back