Archived How is your FR managing without an operator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks about right. Ours keeps dumping it in carts and pushing it to guest services for them hang up. Real fun when you are trying to put orders into hold and you have move eight shopping carts out of the way. Then when guest services does get a rack of clothing hung up softlines refuses to come get it.
Not very brand for GS to have all those carts up there.

They started scheduling all the apparel TMs there at hour intervals and it's been working out decently.

Nope so they shove them around the corner in our OPU hold area where if the cart is in there you as a person can't get in there. So to put something in hold I have to drag out multiple carts. So goal times are getting missed for this foolishness.

They were doing that shit to me too. I hit them with "well, technically you aren't supposed to use guest carts so best get rid of these before [DTL's name] drops by for a surprise visit" while my STL was in earshot. That shit got fixed.

I'm pretty sure guests thought the fitting room was a garage sell with all the racks of clothing thrown over everything

I am shocked by how many people are shocked by this photo. This is what happens when no one is on FR. Each area is supposed to go back there and grab their go backs, but with no one over there sorting out this mess, most tms avoid it, or they’ll walk over, see that mess, and go eh it’s all RTW- not my problem.... trust me, there’s go backs for all areas in there, you just might have to dig to find them. It doesn’t help that they are all being told to zone to perfection first, then grab go backs, and incorporate them into their push- oh and walk each guest into their room, hang their items for them, write their name on the door, compliment their outfit, have a deep conversation, become best friends so you can sell them a bag, while sorting through all of those go backs and grabbing your own. It also doesn’t help that anytime you respond to what’s your location with ‘at the fitting room’, you’re treated like you’re over there having a grand ol time and avoiding doing any work... I’m not, I’m sorting out this mess because no one else will. Most tms are so overwhelmed by it that they’ll just leave it, or leave it out of spite because they are so fed up with not having coverage, or directly told by their TL to leave it to focus on another task, so then it gets left for the closer, and most closer’s solution is to go get a vehicle from the back, throw it all on there without sorting, and leave it for the opener. I don’t get it; seeing as the ability to try on clothing- as much as you like, and then having someone else to take care of your mess, is the only thing physical clothing retailers have left over online stores, it seems like it would be in everyone’s best interest to have coverage at the fitting room. Good luck finding an item for an opu in there, and don’t be shocked when experiencing that chaos in the fitting rooms is reflected in guest’s bad moods, and overall irritability, over on the other side of the store. Trying to cut corners is going to cut our sales, but hey, they can just blame it on minimum wage workers not wanting to work hard, and Amazon.

I think a lot of people are shocked because a lot of stores have decided that self-preservation is best and found a sneaky way of keeping someone staged near the fitting room.

They were doing that shit to me too. I hit them with "well, technically you aren't supposed to use guest carts so best get rid of these before [DTL's name] drops by for a surprise visit" while my STL was in earshot. That shit got fixed.

It's a mix of three tiers and guest carts. And half the time when GS gets one sorted softlines refuses to come get it. Traffic backs up and gets ugly quick.

your post is SO accurate for my store. we are not a high volume store but we get a lot more guest traffic relative to the other stores in our district. guest service also constantly has reshop for us. the whole "just get your go backs and sort them right away so it doesn't build up" doesn't really work for us. before, we had a fitting room lady who only did FR and she was good at it and didn't mind doing only that. now that we don't have an FR attendant, only a select few TMs will respond to calls to get go backs and sort them (i am one of them). our fitting room looks like this or worse every single day now. most of softlines will not touch it with a 10 foot pole so the same 3-4 people get stuck doing it. those same 3-4 people are also the only people in the whole store who will sign into the zebra phones, so if they are not there with me i get stuck answering it for a whole shift which is extremely annoying when you are trying to push or zone or do a reset. i am so tired of being in the middle of resetting or doing a zrack of push and i have to stop what i'm doing because front end has another full 3 tier of go backs for us. at our store GS does not sort or hang anything, we do it all.

Yanno, it was just a few months ago that there was mandatory training on how to properly be a fitting room attendant, which kept the attendant at the fitting room, carry stuff to the rooms for the guest, fetch sizes, offer alternate styles, let the guests know you are stepping away and when you come back, upsell upsell upsell. So how are we to follow proper training? Why did they completely reverse course so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back