Archived How long are jobs posted before someone is hired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied for a SFT position online. In less than a week I was called and had an in store interview.
How long do they usually post the positions for? Or is there a set time?
The store is without a sft right now.

Thanks.

Depends on the store, the position, the situation.
Sorry to be so vague but Spot doesn't have hard and fast rules on this.
They will sometimes already know who's getting a spotand only have Iit posted for a day.
Then other times they can't find quality people and it's posted for a month.
SFT is a tough job to fill so good luck.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Job has been posted 27 days today. I interviewed 5 days ago.

Is it tough to fill for target, or the employee?

It's a good fit compared to what I do now, based on the description and what the manager said.

SFT requires job skills, self motivation, and a maturity that is hard to find these days outside of the trade unions.
I suspect that is why its been on the board so long.

It all depends on the position, store management, internal/external hiring, number of applications, and other things.

I'll say the obvious. It's posted until they hire someone for the job. And they won't take the posting down until they make a job offer and it's accepted by the candidate.

How many interviews did you do? The initial 3-in-1, then did you do a "2nd" interview yet with someone from the district?

Just the one interview with a manager last Friday so far.
Although she said, "I see you already did a phone interview"

The phone 'interview' consisted of "hi this is Target. You applied for sft. Are you still interested? Can you come in for an interview?"

I had only applied 2 days earlier, so yes I was still interested.

Today is one week since the interview. This store is only 20 minutes from home. There is another sft posting but it's at a store 40 minutes away, and I dont really want to add that much commute time.

I've turned down one job offer this week - too much travel in my vehicle. Have another offer waiting. Just think the sft is a better fit for me.

Hmmm. I see the job is no longer posted on the target site. Was there last night, gone now. No call or email with an offer or a Get Lost!

Guess the job search is still on.

I'll say the obvious. It's posted until they hire someone for the job. And they won't take the posting down until they make a job offer and it's accepted by the candidate.

How many interviews did you do? The initial 3-in-1, then did you do a "2nd" interview yet with someone from the district?

Can you apply for the same position at another store on Targets site?
I do the steps and it gives me the message "you have already applied for an open position in the last 60 days. HR will contact you".
When I did the app online I only selected the closest store. Since that didnt happen, I wanted to apply at another one.

anyone? Second closest store still has the job open. Should I just stop by in person? Going on an interview at another place for a similar position near the Target store this week.

They can transfer your app to another store. You can ask them if you didn't get the position to do so. But since it's likely in the same district with the same boss who makes the final decision (in conjunction with store leadership) I'm not sure what your chances will be.

Well, target missed out on a good employee. I had 3 interviews for positions like Targets SFT. Was offered 2 jobs . Target wasn't one of the offers.

The job is usually posted until they find someone that they feel is the right fit. It can be up for a few days, or weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back