Archived How long did it take to get to the midpoint of your salary range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take to get to the midpoint of your salary range for your workcenter? With reviews coming up I've been thinking about this. At my current pace of raises I'd say it's going to take 5+ years which means 10+ years before I would cap out. They don't expect people to hang around that long do they? Only so they can then fire them and hire someone for minimum.

NY has been increasing the minimum wage, so I keep ending up at the low end of my payscale because my merit raises got absorbed.

NY has been increasing the minimum wage, so I keep ending up at the low end of my payscale because my merit raises got absorbed.

I was just going to say something like this.
If you hold wages constant, based on my average increase it would have taken about 6 years to reach the midway point on my wage range ($8.50-$11.05) which is $10.10

When you consider the fact that store pay grades often increase at the same rate as raises, current employees will likely never reach that point unless they work at a top performing store or the company decides to change its merit increase philosophy. My old job at spot now has a range of $9.50-$12.35 and if I were still there I would be making 9.50 after almost 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back