Archived How Many Elec TMs Are Scheduled At One Time At Your Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time at my store, we have 1 person working in Electronics from 8-3ish, then one more person 3ish-close. There's been a large amount of stolen items around my area lately, and I think this is a major reason why. Is this how it is at every store, or is it worth saying something to get more people at one time here?

One person per shift Mon-Fri, with overlapping midshifts on weekends. In Q4, every day has an overlapping midshift, sometimes 2 on weekends.

Pretty much the same at my store as well, except for the fact that during this time of year we get additional coverage for toys so our electronics team member doesn't have to worry about that.

why do you need more than 1 TM. We only have 1 PA in pfresh, even this week with the Food Holiday week, Turkeys are selling fast and only 1 person to fill turkeys, all bananas, all produce, all fresh meat, all dairy, juice, yogurt, all frozen items. Did I mention we have to qmos, fill milk about 100 to 150 gallons per day and do a order every other day. there are a lot of other duties and still only 1 PA per shift per day. So no complaining about 1 TM in electronics, please.

why do you need more than 1 TM. We only have 1 PA in pfresh, even this week with the Food Holiday week, Turkeys are selling fast and only 1 person to fill turkeys, all bananas, all produce, all fresh meat, all dairy, juice, yogurt, all frozen items. Did I mention we have to qmos, fill milk about 100 to 150 gallons per day and do a order every other day. there are a lot of other duties and still only 1 PA per shift per day. So no complaining about 1 TM in electronics, please.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

We get one Electronics Team Member per shift. Occasionally the shifts overlap 30 minutes to an hour. During 4th quarter, there's usually a TM helping zone toys, infants, and seasonal during the close that helps us up with backup when we need it.

Never enough especially this time of year. I have to change my whole route to the Backroom now to avoid electronics and toys! Yikes lol

Usually one at a time, with occasional overlapping hours in the afternoon. If we ever did have more than one, it'd be for the specific purpose of setting MMB, electronics pogs, etc etc etc.

spider wrap and lock up more things, get with AP and find patterns so you can get coverage with cameras. Get to know your thieves. We know our daytime thieves why a couple are in jail right now.

AP can make a point if you are finding times you are getting hit to be there.

Pretty sure it is 1 tm on that side of the store. I haven't even seen a sales floor tm in toys, and it's really busy right now. Toys and MMB/Electronics are near each other.

I am positive we are losing sales due to lack of coverage... just by the number of people I help when I am in that area, and how *much* help they need. -- pulling items out of back room, helping grandparents buy items when they are unfamiliar with the toys. How many guests will just give up v. looking for a tm to help them?

At my store 1 if even that. Sometimes the person covering toys also handles the electronics boat. In all honesty the whole section is usually dead, not like back in 2006 when we were making bank over there. They did shrink the area though after our big remodel and stopped carrying certain things (Rayovac batteries for one ) so that drove some away. Our phone guy usually watches the empty boat since it's that dead.

On an ordinary day, we have one person in electronics at any given moment. During Q4, we start to get a bit of overlap, particularly on the weekends.

Our new STL decided that electronics should be responsible for toys. That doesn't work too well in a high-volume store.

At my store we have one person(on a normal day, not counting holidays) covering:
Electronics/Entertainment
Toys
Sporting Goods
Home Improvement
Automotive
and sometimes Seasonal. It gets pretty fun obviously.

That's how it is in my store too. We get a toy team this time of year, but the rest of the year it's just us. Honestly, I consider it a pretty fair trade for not having to go up for backup constantly, nor having to participate in a lot of other inane salesfloor rituals. When I need help, I'm not shy about asking for it, but for the most part covering that block is no big deal.

Almost always one. We have myself, and one other that have been there 2+ years, and a newer Electronics, former HL TM filling in on our shifts we cant work, because of Overtime. We usually fill movies, music, book, games, do all of our pulls, MIRs, guest service, cleaning, salesplanners, cover toys, luggage, auto, sporting goods, as well as infant hardlines stuff. As well as get occasional seasonal, and furniture calls. Usually shifts are 8-330/430 and 330/430 to close. Evening closing wise somedays its zone all sections above, do reshop, and then do Infant gondolas, then fold softlines tables. (Given seasonal isnt in dire need.) And this is a pretty busy store I think holiday time we are around 150k-225kweekdays iirc

Only one at our store as well, and they don't come until 1 hour after opening (9AM). No idea what we do for the first hour; I assume an LOD covers.

My store schedules 2 at all times during this season, sometimes 3, plus the Sonos rep and Mobile TM's

Sonos Rep? Weird, we sure don't have those, we do have Mobile TM's, but usually 1 elec TM, 2 if lucky. Never 3, except for maybe BF weekend.

Only one at our store as well, and they don't come until 1 hour after opening (9AM). No idea what we do for the first hour; I assume an LOD covers.

My store does this once in a while. They give a set of electronics keys to a hardlines TM and expect him/her to respond to anything related to electronics until the electronics TM comes in.

1 all year til around this time then its 2 but god knows we need at least 4 in that arear during high volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back