Archived How many of you have your availability closed on Sunday or just whole weekends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering. I'm flow and have Sundays closed. SCREW that! I really hated being scheduled for 3 hour shifts at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning sometimes, missing parties, drinking, movies and family reunions for nothing. I had enough with that bullshit, so I closed it through eHR.

Now my availability is Monday through Saturday, and hasn't affected me a bit at all, get good hours 30+, and get to have fun Saturday night. Basically the weekend off since I clock out mostly 10am on Saturdays. Whenever I'm asked if I can work Sundays I just say: "Sorry I can't".

How about you guys?

Before I was a tl I had Sunday's blocked out while working in the brvmy et was cool with it still got 37 hours. I know people that have open availability and don't even get close to 30 so having an open availability don't mean shit

Before I was a tl I had Sunday's blocked out while working in the brvmy et was cool with it still got 37 hours. I know people that have open availability and don't even get close to 30 so having an open availability don't mean shit

Exactly. There are plenty of TM's with me in Flow that barely get 16-20 hours with open availability.

I started off on flow and closed my Sundays for the same reason. I was used to having Sunday off since we didn't take a truck and then one day they randomly threw me on there for ad setup. No thanks!

Ive been off flow for a while now and I'm still holding on to that availability while getting 40 hours. It's pretty nice having a constant day off every week.

Target is my second job and I need at least one day off between the two, so I chose Sunday as that day.

I have always had one day not available to match when my husband had off. It was Friday, now it's Saturday. Never had much effect.

I'm on flow and always had open availability until tms that were regularly scheduled Sunday left or changed their availability. After being scheduled every Sunday, I changed mine to unavailable. When we get jacked up I will come in on Sunday to backstock.

Target isn't my only job. So while I still greatly depend on it, I still have no problem restricting my availability. So I don't work weekends. It's awesome. Not because I have some pressing social life or anything like that. I just find it really beneficial to have dedicated days where I know FOR SURE I'm off. I can schedule appointments or do errands and what not in advance rather than last minute once I get my schedule.

Without that freedom, it feels like I dedicate all my time to Target, despite only working maybe 30 hours. It's probably hard to change your availability to that once hired. But I started out with that availability, so it's been easy for me. If I ever get a new job, I'm always going to request to have at least one dedicated day off. I'm lucky to get 2 back to back at Target. I do feel like it slightly effects the amount of hours I get, but not drastically.

Open availability except from 9am to noon on Saturdays when I volunteer each week. But since I'm on Plano, hardly ever get scheduled on Sunday.

I used to work weekends (got Friday and Monday off) for truck and ad setup but since moving to receiving I get weekends off (after some struggle). I should probably update my availability in the system to reflect that though to hopefully weed out the occasional "whoops we scheduled you for Saturday's truck I guess we could take you off the schedule but several people have time off that day and we'd be shorthanded sooo...."

Am I getting as many hours as I was before on flow/instocks/ad? Probably not. But having two days off in a row is coming in real handy.

I will start off by saying asants. I am a backroom tm. I am available to work weekends, I work every other weekend. To be honest, doesn't really bother me. I like having a day off during the week. If I am working the incoming weekend I am off a certain day...and if I worked the past weekend I am off a certain day of the next week. Grant it being there has been some schedule mix ups etc where things have been different. However, for the most part my schedule stays the same. I have every other whole weekend off and a set week day off every week. At my store, if you are a core backroom tm ( meaning that's your primary work center) You have to have weekend availability of some kind . I don't work evenings or nights but I am open the rest of the time .

I work every weekend, but I only close. Weekend mornings are off-limits. I work at my other job on Saturday mornings and I have church on Sundays.

Since I work every weekend, my "weekend" is Monday and Tuesday because Target rarely schedules me those days (and I close at the other place, which is considerably less stressful). I never thought I would look forward to Mondays.

Total open availability, though i mostly only work M-F since I am a pricing TM. i work the occasional sunday to help with ad but I am past the whole partying and going out on saturday night stage, so its all good to me.

I'm open availability everyday to work, Just certain hours.. Always get scheduled weekends but it doesn't really matter. I finally have a Saturday off coming up which Is nice.

I have no weekend availability. I work 8-4:30 Monday through Friday! So I usually have 40 hours unless I get a random day off.

I am open weekends but Saturday or Sunday of said weekend. Not both days. I can't take it honestly and I need a day with hubby.. It keeps my TL happy and me happy.

I tried closing my availability on Sundays through EHR. My availability change was approved, but they still schedule me for every Sunday. I tried again and it was approved again, but when I went to confirm my availability on EHR, my Sundays were still open. No, it's not user error. Something screwy's going on with the system, or they are just changing it. :p

When I was hired a year and a half ago during seasonal, I somehow got away with closed availability on Friday and Sunday. The leaders have kept to that schedule 95% of the time, but there is the occasional Friday I do work, and I've maybe worked 3 sundays in the time I've been here.

I tried closing my availability on Sundays through EHR. My availability change was approved, but they still schedule me for every Sunday. I tried again and it was approved again, but when I went to confirm my availability on EHR, my Sundays were still open. No, it's not user error. Something screwy's going on with the system, or they are just changing it. :p

The same thing happened to me. I needed to make a day unavailable in the middle of the week and the change was approved so I assumed everything was good. Then I was scheduled that day and checked and it showed I had completely open availability. I tried again and it didn't work. So I had to have HR update it for me, but since it was in the middle of the week they were fine with it. They followed my availability for a while, but then I started to get scheduled for that day a fair amount which was frustrating. It was like six months after becoming unavailable on that day then suddenly I was getting schedule every week for that particular day.

I recently changed my again to make a weekend morning unavailable in addition to my day off in the middle of the week and it was approved. I doubled checked and it was the correct, but I've already been scheduled for that morning. So it feel like they sometimes they disregard a person's availability when it is inconvenient for them.

I have my availability open on Friday and Saturday, but closed on Sunday so that I have a day that I can do homework or just relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back