Archived How much does it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in my team there is 1 person who doesn't do there work and when I mean this he puts products in the wrong area's. He also doesn't check the dates and often puts newer dates on older dates ( the product that will expire sooner gets put to the back) this is a good area by the way. I also wanted to say he doesn't clean the back which is a food violation and we'll be also doesn't fill it for the night ( he is a miner and has to leave at 9 and the store is open longer ) so when the morning person comes in its empty. Me and the opener and the other TL (other department) have complained to out TL(my department) who knows a lot about this and the TM has been time and time again been told not to do some of these things and to always check dates but he hasn't changed. So my question is how much will it take to get fired and I'm talking food areas not doing setting things correctly in a period of a month and everyone keeps telling him to do it but he hasn't. So how much longer do you think he will stay? ( he is in his 90 days) oh and should I bring it up to my ETL myself ( they all know to watch him cause he does a poor job every time he works) and tell them more of the issue cause it's a good violations he is going to cause if he gets caught. What should I do???

I'm sure Leadership is aware, it takes time to take care of these things.

It's. Been going on for a month now. We just had the people come in and check to see if we were being food safe luckily he was t working but I and the rest of my time are tired of fixing his mistakes.

Do you think he will be fired? Leadership has known for awhile now

They might be short on people and looking for a replacement before they can him. If hes under 90 days and truly terrible he will probably be fired. If he is affecting your job in a negative way, let your supervisor know, otherwise just let things run their course.

Good luck.

It took two months for my store to get rid of a problem tm. They would show up late, leave early and sometimes not even show up. And when she did show up she would hardly do any work.

Took awhile for them to get rid of her. Target likes to "cover" themselves. Both to find a replacement and document attempts to coach incase the tm decides to sue or something.

It took two months for my store to get rid of a problem tm. They would show up late, leave early and sometimes not even show up. And when she did show up she would hardly do any work.

Took awhile for them to get rid of her. Target likes to "cover" themselves. Both to find a replacement and document attempts to coach incase the tm decides to sue or something.

Most states are "at will" employment, so Target can fire them for any reason other than discriminatory reasons. However if they're a minority, Target may try and use corrective action/coaching first to cover their ass.

So I should expect the person I talked about to be fired??

You've voiced it to the TL. Its out of your hands now. My best advice would be to do your job to the best of your abilities, despite the department bein affected by this one TM, and allow your leadership team to sort it out.

We had one of these at my store. She was let go at the end of her 90 days, not before, because we were understaffed in her department. That's likely what they're doing in the case you've described.

Chances are that he will be termed at 90 days. It's very difficult to get termed after 90 days, though, so you better hope he doesn't make it past his 90.

Terming after 90 isn't as hard as it seems, really, especially if they have a well documented file. If your TL is doing their job right, problem TMs should have files a mile long.

Sadly, most of the time I don't get a chance to write pdds, unless it's a big issue. Stuff takes time, and even five minutes is a precious commodity when you're running around all day putting out brush fires because other tls have you covering their workload because they're "doing paperwork" all day long.

In my store you have to do something totally outrageous or steal to get fired. If your lazy, unreliable or just really bad at your job we just keep giving you hours and hope for the best.

Oh and make everyone else work harder to make up for it.

I have been waiting over a year for things like the OP's issue to get fixed. If the leadership won't do their work you are screwed.

I have been waiting over a year for things like the OP's issue to get fixed. If the leadership won't do their work you are screwed.

Sometimes an issue for TMs isn't an issue for TLs/ETLs. Its really up to them to determine whether they deem a TM's work/behavior acceptable or not.

What some of you forget this is a good area. So if he is causing food violations its a liability for target so why would they keep him past 90 days??

'Cause spot hasn't been fined/sued for his actions.....yet.

Sometimes an issue for TMs isn't an issue for TLs/ETLs. Its really up to them to determine whether they deem a TM's work/behavior acceptable or not.

When it wastes payroll for multiple work centers its an issue for ETL's.. Problem is getting to the core and it skips levels and as one ETL who has been around from the time Logistics was a new process has told me, its an onion the problem. TM's say its lack of training and that has been proven, and those TM's leadership not actually being leaders.. Add in being grossly understaffed, we have had to just deal with it idiots, until replacements could be found, which is a super slow process. We have termed multiple new hires before the 90 day mark due to being unable to do the job. Also add in three STL's in the last year, the process to get the problem ETL's and SRTL's out has been stalled or stopped a couple times.

So when I get asked why I didn't finish my task list for the day - I point to the tubs of overnight back stock and they just nod and walk away.. This is why we can't fill the floor cause you have pull off the wrong thing to get the right thing out of the back.

When it wastes payroll for multiple work centers its an issue for ETL's.. Problem is getting to the core and it skips levels and as one ETL who has been around from the time Logistics was a new process has told me, its an onion the problem. TM's say its lack of training and that has been proven, and those TM's leadership not actually being leaders.. Add in being grossly understaffed, we have had to just deal with it idiots, until replacements could be found, which is a super slow process. We have termed multiple new hires before the 90 day mark due to being unable to do the job. Also add in three STL's in the last year, the process to get the problem ETL's and SRTL's out has been stalled or stopped a couple times.

So when I get asked why I didn't finish my task list for the day - I point to the tubs of overnight back stock and they just nod and walk away.. This is why we can't fill the floor cause you have pull off the wrong thing to get the right thing out of the back.

None of this is anything that TMs are paid to worry about, especially when it concerns others.

Best to just focus on yourself and let your leadership team worry about everyone else. If they are causing direct problems for you, all you can do is explain to your TL the impact it has on you, and leave it up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back