Archived How strict is your store/HR on dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store people wear pink ( dark pink) but pink and wear red and white stripped shirts ( hey it's red I suppose lol) and some girls in the fitting room wear capri's even though we aren't supposed to. It just depends on who is ETL and what you can get by with basically.....

I have been wearing the red vest that we have in the training room and I have gotten away with wearing all kinds of stuff as long as the top most layer is Red they are cool with it. but I better not try pushing my luck anymore. ;)

It's that way at my store.

My store is awesome.

OMG!!! We have one person who recently was "promoted" to SrTL. She now seems to think she can tell anyone and everyone every little thing they are doing wrong. She tried to tell me the other day that my shirt didn't meet the dress code. I had on a patterned shirt under a red sweater. Apparently the employee handbook says if you wear something under a sweater (or vest), it has to be a SOLID color. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! It looked good, I was completely covered....WHO THE EFF CARES IF IT WAS SOLID OR PATTERNED?!?!?!

I wear red and khaki but my store is somewhat lax and allows vaguely looking orange or purple shirts.
And yes, there's several girls who have some cleavage showing and management doesn't care, I know I sure don't.

Plenty of cleavage and skin tight pants here.

At my store its red shirt or outer layer and khaki pants. One cashier is allowed to wear a khaki skirt but its for religious reasons. Skirts are an absolute no go for any backroom duties.

Yeah. I think most retailers have some form of "Khaki colored skirts may be worn in place of pants, but all team members must still be able to bend, squat, lift up to 40LBS, and climb latters, etc"

I'm tempted to wear a pair of khaki cargo shorts in the deli one day and see what happens. Though to keep from losing my hours I will have pants on my locker. If they sent me home I wouldn't make the 35 minute ride to and from home just to change clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back