Archived How to request not-available time periods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings break room. I'm a relatively new TM still in my 90 day new hire period. I need to make an appointment with my doctor for an annual checkup. As the schedules are only posted a week in advance, I don't know how to schedule this appointment.

My doctor schedules about 3-4 weeks in advance. So, should I schedule the doctors appointment, hope it happens when I'm not working and if not, cancel the appointment and reschedule hoping that the planets align? Or schedule the appointment and indicate I'm unavailable for a few hours on that day?

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea how to indicate I'm unavailable as HR didn't/hasn't discussed this during training and they never seem to be available for questions. I also never seem to be scheduled when my TL is working and I am uncomfortable asking others TM's for their advice. I would put this off until after the 90 days period when I might feel better about blocking time periods, but my doctor requires an in office visit for a prescription refill which is tied to the annual checkup. Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Go to eHR, go to the tab that says scheduling and time keeping, locate "MyTime self service" and login to that (same info as your eHR account)

from there you would go to "request time off" and request the time off. I think that's what you're asking. I'd schedule the appointment and then request the time off.

Talk to your etl too & give them the heads up on the appt when you ask off.

My store doesn't let people take a day off in their first 90 unless they request it off during their interview (dumb rule). Let them know ahead of time and shoot for a Tuesday or Wednesday (usually slowest days of the week for the store) worst case if you get scheduled post it on the swap board or branch.

My store doesn't let people take a day off in their first 90 unless they request it off during their interview (dumb rule). Let them know ahead of time and shoot for a Tuesday or Wednesday (usually slowest days of the week for the store) worst case if you get scheduled post it on the swap board or branch.
Every store is different.

You don't even have to take the entire day off. When I've needed time off for a local doctor that doesn't align with my available schedule, I'll make the appointment and then use MyTime self service to request off a 4 or so hour block of time. That way I can have a 11am or noon appointment and then be available for work after 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back