How yall coping with incoming toys?

Our backroom is reaching capacity with all these dang toys coming in which 80% is overstock. When will it end?? Are you guys flexing already?

We aren't flexing. But we are almost out of space. We've moved into the upper casepack locations of the aisles next to us. As well as some steel space that was cleared for us. It still isn't enough room. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

I have a secret for managing freight, (particularly in target/warehouse)
Hi Target, if you truly do monitor this site and would like to know the secret, hmu. we definitely need to talk figures/percentages.

You can’t just pretend to be @TargetsDaddy , and illicit ideas, with out compensation, you gots to pay to play.

We aren't flexing. But we are almost out of space. We've moved into the upper casepack locations of the aisles next to us. As well as some steel space that was cleared for us. It still isn't enough room. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.
Same at our store

They are front loading everyone with toys. Shouldnt be flexing because you should be able to fill with the appropriate items. Basically just backstocking toys above our style aisles in our backroom and in another location we cleared out for toys like we were supposed to for q4 readiness checklist. We are definitely full now.

Since paper is almost empty we have overflowed toys over there in our backroom.. Some in the bulk steel but the light duty mostly.

Let’s not even talk about the toy batch 🙃
We have a small toys team and so far we have been able to handle the batches. It just takes a long time to get through it all, even with four of us pulling. I'm sure it will get worse. But our 141s don't clear enough space for all the incoming freight so it is just a mess everyday.

Looks like some Discontinued is starting to drop into batches. I'm ready to flex. I'm just hoping I have space for it on the floor and that it all doesn't drop in at once.

We killed all our toy bins and flexed our end caps today. I hope they continue with this model of black friday deals its been so nice for us.

Especially crazy because of how many customers are in that area. You have to fight to get around them

Bumping this up to see how everyone is doing? Between call-outs and big truckloads/141s my store is rolling pallets of push over almost everyday now. And backstock is a mess. Hopefully, we sell through all of this stuff.

Much better then expected tbh. We got behind with a couple heavy toy doubles but we usually come clean by the next day.

Things are starting to look up a bit. New GM ETL is really pushing for planning and got me (Closing TL) and all the GM leaders on daily follow ups with push.

We put toys in bullseye and all over seasonal. We are practically running out of toys in our backroom. We also been making endcaps and an aisle of plastics that faces the racetrack with appliances.

We put toys in bullseye and all over seasonal. We are practically running out of toys in our backroom. We also been making endcaps and an aisle of plastics that faces the racetrack with appliances.
Man, I wish I could do that in my store. Besides the toy pallets in seasonal we aren't supposed to have toys anywhere but in toys. We're out of space in the back. And the freight that is being sent is all the same stuff. I had 500+ 141s this morning and about 10 pallets off the truck. Didn't even get close to finishing.

Back