Archived HR question re: Sharing Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it okay for an ETL or TL to discuss a TM's metrics/performance in front of other TM's, or even when the TM being discussed isn't present?

Is it okay or is it against a rule?
Leadership shouldn't be discussing any discipline to TMs, but there's nothing that says I can't say that X is performing poorly on a given metric.

It is bad form to bring it up though, as you're essentially putting down that employee.

Is it okay or is it against a rule?
Leadership shouldn't be discussing any discipline to TMs, but there's nothing that says I can't say that X is performing poorly on a given metric.

It is bad form to bring it up though, as you're essentially putting down that employee.
It is not okay and against policy since is a need to know business discussions .

I do not ever want to really talk about a TM in a negative way in front of another TM because I feel that it is unprofessional, not sure if there is a rule or not.

I can say to someone I trust something like “hey can you let me know if so and so takes a long break” but that’s about it. Problems with TMs are between me, the TM, and my peer TL

Absolutely no.
But at are target all etl’s talk about other tm’s talk/ gossip about others performance/ personal info all the time. It’s target what do you expect when bunch of college grads Become etls...

What about pay? My lead told me how much other people make. Pissed me off because some lazy people make big bucks.
Absolutely not. They strongly discourage (read: prohibit) team members discussing pay rates among themselves, so TLs disclosing that would be patently against the regulations.

Under a nearly 80-year-old federal labor law, employees already can talk about their salaries at work, and employers are generally prohibited from imposing "pay secrecy" policies, whether or not they do business with the federal government.

We post our top performers for SFS with their pick/pack/INF% listed. That could prompt a discussion. Maybe they went to a top performing TM for suggestions to boost a lower performing TM, maybe even had the audacity to ask them to observe/peer coach the other TM. Just maybe the one they were talking to is going for a promotion and this is part of his mentorship, looking at how he’s developing. Maybe he got a promotion and it hasn’t been announced and they are handing off pertinent information. Maybe someone was listening in on a conversation they weren’t invited to and feel a little butthurt. There are a myriad of possibilities.

Under a nearly 80-year-old federal labor law, employees already can talk about their salaries at work, and employers are generally prohibited from imposing "pay secrecy" policies, whether or not they do business with the federal government.
For clarity: We can talk about our own pay to each other. We can't tell Jim what John is paid, which is what Bufferine is asking.

You can discuss your own salary/wage information freely if you want to. However, you cannot share info regarding anyone else's pay. That's not part of that I was asking about though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back