Archived HR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmar

target17
If a TM approaches a TL about their ETL harassing them, more specifically, racism, and the TM says they don't want the TL to tell the ETL, is the TL supposed to go tell said ETL? Or go to HR? Are they required to tell ETL or not allowed to tell them?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, Welcome!
Second, if that is your real name, I suggest that you message me to get it changed. We try to stay as anonymous as possible here.
Finally, to answer your question. The TL is technically required to notify HR. I hope that answered your question!

That sort of issue should be brought up with HR and/or your STL. If nothing changes or the ETL in question retaliates, call the Integrity Hotline.

Yes. Your TL is absolutely required to notify HR. No exceptions.

Thank you guys! And don't worry its not my real name. As a follow up question, is the ETL allowed to be approached by their TL about an issue like this bat all? Or should it stay between the TL and HR?

If you asked them not to talk to the ETL they shouldn't have but this is Target after all.
You probably should have just gone to HR in the first place without talking to the TL.
In those kinds of situations, where you are dealing with racism or sexism, it's often best to go straight to the top.

Welcome to the Break Room.

I hope things work out for you.

Thank you for the insights! I figured that was correct but was actually told the TL was allowed to go to the ETL that is being accused of racism. Didn't seem right to me...

Thank you for the insights! I figured that was correct but was actually told the TL was allowed to go to the ETL that is being accused of racism. Didn't seem right to me...
I believe it's the opposite. The professional sequence of events should go like this: The TM tells their TL about the harrassment. TL goes directly to ETL-HR and tells no one else. ETL-HR brings in both parties (TM and ETL in question) separately to inquire about the events. The TL and ETL in question should never speak about the events with each other.
From there, I'm not sure what type of involvement your STL or HRBP will have, since your dealing with an ETL.

The TL should never of gone directly to the ETL you made the complaint about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back