Archived HR trends in the workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalJ

Electronics TM
Hey guys, I need y'all to help me with something rather quick here, my conntact fell through and I am on a deadline :(. TL or above is preferred (Or Annie in HR :)) but not required

I'm doing a paper on HR trends and how they affect the workplace. Could you tell me how have you noticed Diversity, Teamwork, and Employee Empowerment affect the workplace? It can be either positive or negative. If it is possible could you recommend how it could be improved? I know they're all rather broad subjects so here are some jumping off points if needed

Diversity- With new opportunities and growing equality, how have the increase in other ethnicities (African American Latinos Asians) had an impact on the workplace (in terms of their ideas, productivity, interaction with others, etc.)? Have you noticed any effect caused by an increase of immigrants in the workforce (we aren't a border state, but if you have noticed something on a larger scale)? Have more women joining the workforce been a factor? Have men been accepting of it? Basically how is the traditional mostly white male workplace adapting to the growing diverse workforce?

Teamwork- How does teamwork increase employee responsibility and control? Does this leader to better results than opposed to not working in teams? How does it affect costs? Is motivation or morale greater? How has technology had an effect on teamwork )the Internet, having all info at our fingertips, virtual teams)?

Empowerment-What kind of effect does this have on the responsibility and authority of the employees? Does it hold them more accountable for their actions? Does it open the door to innovation and create a free flow of different employee's ideas? Does this cause any greater or worse interaction (either socially of professionally)? Do you believe greater results are delivered to a customer when a employee is empowered as opposed to one that's not? How does empowerment motivate an employee? How does employees having more empowerment have an effect of communication between other employees and management?

Anything you can give me. I only need a couple paragraphs worth, but need it rather quickly. And be vague to protect Target of course. Thanks!

Diversity doesn't only have to do with race.
You might also want to mention the LGBTQA community and the challenges that HR might have when it comes to dealing prejudice.
This is one area that I think Target has done a pretty good job of handling.

I'm an HR student as well.

if you want a REALLY interesting topic, maybe look into companies and how they assist employees that are "transitioning." That is to say, a transexual person undergoing the transition from one gender to another (Male to female, female to male).

It's a topic that you continue to hear more about, and a topic that is misunderstood.

If you google "transexual" "workplace." you'll see countless blogs or articles about such issues. One of the worst stories was that of a loss prevention investigator for Meijer Stores.

I did a paper such issues after witnessing a horrible experience for a co-worker of mine at a previous job... It was interesting

Diversity doesn't only have to do with race.
You might also want to mention the LGBTQA community and the challenges that HR might have when it comes to dealing prejudice.
This is one area that I think Target has done a pretty good job of handling.

I'm an HR student as well.

if you want a REALLY interesting topic, maybe look into companies and how they assist employees that are "transitioning." That is to say, a transexual person undergoing the transition from one gender to another (Male to female, female to male).

It's a topic that you continue to hear more about, and a topic that is misunderstood.

If you google "transexual" "workplace." you'll see countless blogs or articles about such issues. One of the worst stories was that of a loss prevention investigator for Meijer Stores.

I did a paper such issues after witnessing a horrible experience for a co-worker of mine at a previous job... It was interesting

Very good post.
Thank you.

I thought of this when I read it.
A 92-Year-Old Trans WWII Veteran Is Fighting To Be Treated Like Any Other Widow.

After his passing, Robina applied for survivor benefits with the SSA.
She was denied after it was determined she was “legally male” at the time of their marriage — despite all the legal documents she had in her possession.
“I am so insulted that the Social Security Administration refused to recognize me as a woman and treated my marriage to Norwood in such a disrespectful way.”

It's an impressive story considering the challenges she went through and it makes you grind your teeth at the way the government is treating her now.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/this-92-year-old-trans-wwii-veteran-is-fighting-to-be-treate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back