I did a Big No No and now Im Fired…

Hey guys,
So I did a big no no at Target that essentially got me fired ( I stole… because of peer pressure.. stupid ik). AP reached out to me ofc and gave me a sit down telling me what I did wrong. Anyways long story short they told me that they werent going to prosecute me or anything like that and that I just had to sign this form that pretty much admits to all my wrongdoings.
I didnt mind snitching on myself because honestly the guilt was eating me alive anyways, so I don’t mind the consequences. However, after reading some other posts with similar experience, I noticed that people were explainging how they had to pay back the money. I had asked the AP members if I needed to pay it back and that I dont mind paying the costs, but they told me that it was “too late anyways”… so I left it at that. They told me how if there was anything else they needed, they would email or mail me and its been months now since the incident and I have yet to receive any kind of notice from Target. What do I do now? Should I contact someone or just leave it be?

The problem is that I’ll be moving states soon so I wont have the same billing address, if and only if, they do send me a mail and I dont see it. Can they actually sue me (like what people said in other posts). Its not like its going to be my fault. I cant just update my address out of nowhere either… so what do I do?
I really dont need this to be in my criminal records just because I didnt receive a mail that issues my required payment.

plz help if you have any idea what I might be able to do. By the way just for reference, I stole $75 worthy of merchandise. I was 18 at the time.( and i know age doesnt mean a thing cause I was grown enough to know right from wrong)

It would cost them more than $75 to pursue it at this point through the legal system, so I wouldn't worry about it, assuming you don't decide to double down on the stupid and steal again.

It's one of those things that they could hold onto to make your life worse if you decided to do anything else, but are unlikely to pursue (assuming you were truthful with us here that it really was a one-off and they're not likely to come across anything else).
Im sorry if I worded it wrong, I have stolen on multiple occasions (like items worth $10-15) that tallied up to around $75. It makes all the difference taking into consideration that it wasn't a one time thing. I got carried away thinking that since they were cheap items it wouldn't be too bad.

To this day, I still don’t mind ever paying for any sort of reimbursement or anything. I’ve owned up to my faults and admitted to them so its of course entirely my job to pay it back.
I just don’t understand why a demand letter would take so long to process through. Its been a couple months since my inital post and I still have not received any update from Target so I have left it alone for now.
Anyhow, thank you for your post!
It might depend on the amount. You might want to go the store & talk to ap about it. Tall you want to pay spot for what you stole.

They let our SD walk after stealing a lot of money. Target don't want the publicity, if they haven't come after you by now for anything they probably won't. Hell, they probably don't even remember you at this point....

Back