Archived I go in for orientation tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my call for orientation. I go in tomorrow. Apparently HR has not hired many people recently, so I will be having orientation by myself lol. She said she wants to do it "quickly" since I already will be familiar with everything.

Weird feeling. Never though I would be back in red and khaki again.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
The company may be the same but different store could be a vastly different culture.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
congrats man, i read the story about your other job and what happened, good to see someone get back on there feet

Take what they offered you& say nothing. Basically, a 2nd chance for you. Don't go in as I know this already, etc. be dumb & build up your training meter or all areas by asking for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Take what they offered you& say nothing. Basically, a 2nd chance for you. Don't go in as I know this already, etc. be dumb & build up your training meter or all areas by asking for it.

Definitely will do that.... Not going to blow this. I plan to just smile and nod. Actually, I'm hoping to keep the fact I used to work at Target quiet if I can.... that way TMs/TLs who don't know will be impressed with how fast I "learn" everything.....

Then when they find out you were a team lead they'll think you're a weirdo.

Then when they find out you were a team lead they'll think you're a weirdo.

Well, the other option is to tell them now and they still think he's a weirdo. It doesn't really matter either way. Nor does it matter what they think. Honestly, I've never gotten into a discussion on where anyone was before we got to Target. It just doesn't come up, because no one cares.

The other option is looking like a know-it-all at the beginning and alienating people before they get to know him. I would definitely tell them you worked at target before but omit the TL part. Just say you were in electronics.

Edit: Ninja'd by RG.

Definitely will do that.... Not going to blow this. I plan to just smile and nod. Actually, I'm hoping to keep the fact I used to work at Target quiet if I can.... that way TMs/TLs who don't know will be impressed with how fast I "learn" everything.....
Using the training part, makes you look like you are willing to learn & fast learner. Again, make no mention about your former status at spot. Just say, I used to work Salesfloor. Otherwise, if the word gets out that you were a tl, resentment by other tl's may start.

Status
Not open for further replies.