Archived I got the GSA position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after my second interview my ETL-GE shook my hand and told me I was the new GSA. I almost cried, lol.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

I'm really glad I was given this opportunity.
I start the second week in August, pretty much on the Third schedule out.

I'm excited. :D

Congrats :)

I am also going to apply for GSA, there is an opening for it at my store as well.

Congratulations. It's great to hear that one of the good ones will be on the job.

Awright, AsAd! Let the online party begin! :D
(throws confetti & pops a cork)

[mod]To prevent any problems, users of The Break Room are expected to maintain a certain level of anonymity. We do not publicly post personally identifiable information, including full names, store numbers or locations, or the names of other people in our stores.[/mod]

Congrats!

Be prepared to do more work then what you get paid for, especially if your GSTL's blow. Also you now have to encounter any problem guest before the LOD does, so good luck and keep them calm!!

But it is a great developmental position. Congrats!

Congrats!

Be prepared to do more work then what you get paid for, especially if your GSTL's blow. Also you now have to encounter any problem guest before the LOD does, so good luck and keep them calm!!

But it is a great developmental position. Congrats!

I've kinda accepted we do more work than we get paid for haha.
I'm looking at this in the long run. It'll look great on a resume. Speaking of which, how WOULD I write this on my resume? Most other companies won't know what the heck a Guest Service Assistant is o_O

Technically assistant front end manager. If you want to get technical.

As a GSA you will do even more work than you did before, or you at least SHOULD do more work than you did before for a minor pay raise.

Technically assistant front end manager. If you want to get technical.

Definitely do this. Or Assistant Front End Team Lead. Or just go ahead and put GSTL, because a lot of stores pretty much use them as one. It sucks that a lot don't get paid comparable to a GSTL when they are better at running the front end than the actual GSTL(s)

Definitely do this. Or Assistant Front End Team Lead. Or just go ahead and put GSTL, because a lot of stores pretty much use them as one. It sucks that a lot don't get paid comparable to a GSTL when they are better at running the front end than the actual GSTL(s)

I was originally gonna put "Guest service team lead" but I was afraid that would be fraud or whatever in case a future employer called and they said I was never a team lead o_O

I would just say what your job title really is. Guest Service Attendant.

For duties performed, you can say stuff like "Supervised cashiers", etc. So it will still look impressive.

Thanks! I'm super excited to start.

Also, is there a GSA/GSTL guide on here? If there is I couldn't find it, lol.

No guides at the moment. I'm not a GSA (yet--I'm actually applying for it too), but I've done about 7 GSA shifts anyways. Because apparently I like doing the work without the pay. <<; But anyways, here's a few tips I have:

Most of your time should be spent Speedweaving. There's a lot that goes into this, though.
  • Ensure all cashiers have their change requests filled so they don't have to wait for you to get cash (although they SHOULD be putting in the request well before they run out).
  • Try and get some kind of interaction with as many of the guests checking out as possible.
  • Remove hangers from clothing before the cashier gets to them, help bag an order/place bags in a cart if the order is large, or help position large items for easy scanning by the cashier.
  • Direct guests to shorter lanes--if possible, by telling each guest, not by shouting out about the short wait (although during high-traffic, that's sometimes impossible).
  • Likewise, it's not just for the Checklanes. Help wipe down counters/seating in Food Ave/Starbucks or stock condiments/silverware. Help guests that Guest Service/Photo are unable to get to--although if you help with backup in any of these four areas, be sure to let the LOD know you're not going to be able to address Checklane issues quickly so they can if need be.

Other than the speedweaving, just make sure your endcaps/sidecaps are Full and Impactful, candy/gum is pushed, checklanes/cardwall/onespot is zoned, restrooms are clean (and the alerts are cleared), and breaks are given within a reasonable timeframe.

No guides at the moment. I'm not a GSA (yet--I'm actually applying for it too), but I've done about 7 GSA shifts anyways. Because apparently I like doing the work without the pay. <<; But anyways, here's a few tips I have:

Most of your time should be spent Speedweaving. There's a lot that goes into this, though.
  • Ensure all cashiers have their change requests filled so they don't have to wait for you to get cash (although they SHOULD be putting in the request well before they run out).
  • Try and get some kind of interaction with as many of the guests checking out as possible.
  • Remove hangers from clothing before the cashier gets to them, help bag an order/place bags in a cart if the order is large, or help position large items for easy scanning by the cashier.
  • Direct guests to shorter lanes--if possible, by telling each guest, not by shouting out about the short wait (although during high-traffic, that's sometimes impossible).
  • Likewise, it's not just for the Checklanes. Help wipe down counters/seating in Food Ave/Starbucks or stock condiments/silverware. Help guests that Guest Service/Photo are unable to get to--although if you help with backup in any of these four areas, be sure to let the LOD know you're not going to be able to address Checklane issues quickly so they can if need be.

Other than the speedweaving, just make sure your endcaps/sidecaps are Full and Impactful, candy/gum is pushed, checklanes/cardwall/onespot is zoned, restrooms are clean (and the alerts are cleared), and breaks are given within a reasonable timeframe.

my hero <3

I was originally gonna put "Guest service team lead" but I was afraid that would be fraud or whatever in case a future employer called and they said I was never a team lead o_O

I don't think they can ask anything other than hire dates and if you are rehireable. I could be completely wrong, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back