Archived I have a dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dream that one day, my ETLs will understand how difficult closing HBA really is.
I mean, most nights it's really easy but when the store is busy (like today, er, yesterday) the LOD completely underestimates how hard it's gonna be for me. Tonight my LOD doubled up every department BUT mine and housewares (because obviously, it's housewares). Well long story short, at 11 when we closed, I went back up to GS to get the rest of my gobacks which put me at a cart and a half. I told my LOD I probably wouldn't finish because I was off at 11:30, and she says, "Oh well you can stay right? You came in at 7, so you can stay till right before midnight then." and when I told her I work again at 8:30am tomorrow, she said, "Ooooh. Bummer." She did end up sending someone to help me out, but I still clocked out at 11:52. I wish she would have to close HBA and know what it's really like to zone TOOTHPASTE!!! Or cleaning up the hair accessories when they're all 40% off!!! Lol.
Maybe HBA isn't that crazy in your store but for whatever reason mine is. I wish they would understand :(

HBA zone in 4th quarter is easier than being in electronics, as Hardlinesmaster said, or zoning toys.

In my store, they're both the same because toys and electronics are next to each other.

Market zone all of last week leading up to Thanksigiving was a disaster. I had some overlap and went to lunch at 4 or so. The other TM in Market zoned the back wall of dairy and Pfresh when I was gone and about an hour later it was completely trashed again, same with the rest of Pfresh and Dry Market

I wish she would have to close HBA and know what it's really like to zone TOOTHPASTE!!! Or cleaning up the hair accessories when they're all 40% off!!!

Let's not forget facing all of the feminine hygiene products! Even if it's not busy, HBA is a difficult zone to get through quickly because of all the small items and things that have to be stacked (see: toothpaste and pain pills).

What works for me when I'm in those aisles (E in my store) is to try to do a thorough zone in toothpaste and Kleenex at least once. It doesn't seem to bad to go back to later if it's done at least once. Feminine hygene (F in my store) is another one that if I can get thru at least once is not too bad for touchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back