Answered I have a vacation soon, what do I do to make sure I get off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to not be too specific but also specific:

Basically, I have a two week vacation coming up that I won't be in the state for. It's been planned for months so there's no way I won't be going on it.

I'm new to the store and have no idea how I would request to not have work for those two weeks. I've seen threads and posts about requesting time off but I'm not sure if that's the same thing?

Would I let HR or someone else know that I won't be in-state for those two weeks? My vacation is over a month away so I at least know they would have the heads up needed to plan around that but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Anyone know who I contact or where I would go to let them know I won't be around for those two weeks?

Thanks

Next time you’re at your store submit a Time Off Request.

You’ll need to first log in to a Workbench computer at your store. From there on the main page (Workbench) you’ll see Quick Links in the upper left side under the address bar. Hover over QL and a box will appear with several links. You’re looking for MyTime Self Service, this will be about half way down in the left column. Once you click on that a new tab will open and you’ll once again need to sign in. Once you’re in you’ll see red boxes on the left side of the screen. You’ll want the only that says something along the lines of Request Time Off.

Make sure you select the correct days that you need off, and don’t be surprised if the system has a panic attack and tells you to submit an LOA. Anything more than 10 consecutive days is supposed to be a personal LOA (but those are a pain and HR really doesn’t like the headache from them, but that’s a story for another time). So you’re going to want to submit a request for each calendar week separately. Once you have submitted the time off request please partner with your Leader to let them know it will need to be approved. Hours are low right now so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Trying to not be too specific but also specific:

Basically, I have a two week vacation coming up that I won't be in the state for. It's been planned for months so there's no way I won't be going on it.

I'm new to the store and have no idea how I would request to not have work for those two weeks. I've seen threads and posts about requesting time off but I'm not sure if that's the same thing?

Would I let HR or someone else know that I won't be in-state for those two weeks? My vacation is over a month away so I at least know they would have the heads up needed to plan around that but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Anyone know who I contact or where I would go to let them know I won't be around for those two weeks?

Thanks

Did it not occur to you to mention this prior to getting the job/transferring?

Did it not occur to you to mention this prior to getting the job/transferring?
I wasn't expecting to get the job...

I'm a college student home on break because of Covid. I had applied before but never even got an interview, so no, it didn't cross my mind.

Next time you’re at your store submit a Time Off Request.

You’ll need to first log in to a Workbench computer at your store. From there on the main page (Workbench) you’ll see Quick Links in the upper left side under the address bar. Hover over QL and a box will appear with several links. You’re looking for MyTime Self Service, this will be about half way down in the left column. Once you click on that a new tab will open and you’ll once again need to sign in. Once you’re in you’ll see red boxes on the left side of the screen. You’ll want the only that says something along the lines of Request Time Off.

Make sure you select the correct days that you need off, and don’t be surprised if the system has a panic attack and tells you to submit an LOA. Anything more than 10 consecutive days is supposed to be a personal LOA (but those are a pain and HR really doesn’t like the headache from them, but that’s a story for another time). So you’re going to want to submit a request for each calendar week separately. Once you have submitted the time off request please partner with your Leader to let them know it will need to be approved. Hours are low right now so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Talk to your tl or etl. Let them know. Also, you may have to do an loa too. Don’t wait till the last minute. Requests are done on ehr.
Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back