Logistics I have an IR issue

i'm a new receiver, and i have an IR that came in that said destroy; i was told when that happened to just throw the items away, but when i went to process it in the system, it asked how many cartons i was sending back and wouldn't accept 0. Anyone know what i'm supposed to do? Thanks. (i've had 2 days of training and my trainer isn't fully trained and has been out 3 of the 5 days i've been doing this position.)

Just enter '1' and you will be all good. It needs a number so it can print out the paperwork. Just file the paperwork with the rest of your IR paperwork.

Pay attention to what it says in the description for the IR, because not all Destroy final dispositions are the same. It should say whether it should be thrown in the compactor, processed as Electronics Recycling, Metal Recycling or disposed of via ESIM. If it is the ESIM it will tell you what bin it should go in, just make sure you bag it up like regular ESIM.

Last edited:
i'm a new receiver, and i have an IR that came in that said destroy; i was told when that happened to just throw the items away, but when i went to process it in the system, it asked how many cartons i was sending back and wouldn't accept 0. Anyone know what i'm supposed to do? Thanks. (i've had 2 days of training and my trainer isn't fully trained and has been out 3 of the 5 days i've been doing this position.)
Just key one. It will print 2. One to put with mdse to be tossed. That shows who ever throws it in the compactor you complete it. The second copy you will file away in case anyone every checks your paper work. Also key one case when doing vendors credits. When shipping the IR by FedEx or Ups key in the number of boxes you are shipping. Put one per box. And the again file the extra.

Back