Archived I hit a guest with a tub on accident--what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backroom put a ton of crap ontop of my Meat Metro once, I could barely see and went around the corner and absolutely NAILED a motorized Cart, everything on top flew off all over it...

Thankfully it was dead, and the person who used it didn't really need it I guess as no one was in it.. My heart definitely skipped a couple times tho.

A team member at my store negligently plowed a metro into a pregnant woman. She complained to the LOD and he got out of trouble by crying about it. Since then he has hit me with a flat, hit another team member with a tub, and hit yet another pregnant team member with a tub as well and hasn't got into trouble.
Sounds like his tub/flat license should be suspended.
Or throw him in the compactor for a ride

Can someone please tell me what a metro is?
It's big, it's green, it's top heavy and moves like a cow on quaaludes.

There are two varieties:

About two feet across, six feet high, one feet deep. Generally has iron grates welded or zip tied on. This is what consumables uses to push cooler cafs.

About five to six feet wide, six high, one deep. This is what flow uses to backstock product during fdc truck days. Typically has green grating installed on it.

I was pulling a tub once because it was stacked too tall, had a LOD tell me I was supposed to be pushing it not pulling it, which I was aware of, but I just told them that pulling I can see where I am going, and pushing I might hit a guest, and that if he wants it to be pushed the proper person to tell off is the person that stacked it 7 foot tall.

He looked like he wanted to argue for a few seconds but then just shrugged and walked away.

Yeah, if I'm dealing with a metro that's completely full (to the point where I can't see through it at all), I'm pulling it. If anyone has a problem with that, they're more than welcome to attempt to push said metro without hitting any guests.

If it's a GM CAF, I move things around or transfer to another vehicle. I'm over 6' tall, so if I can't see over the top, there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back