Archived I just want to do my job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm at the back of market and by the time I get all the way up there and they say, "Oh, it's worked itself out. We don't need you anymore. But thanks for coming." It's happened more than once to me.

If I'm far away enough from the lanes and I KNOW there are other people (especially in SL, my area) that can go up, I'll say, "This is SL Ninja, I'm in the backroom (or wherever I am), I'll come up if there isn't anyone closer who can respond." Sometimes that gets people moving/responding, sometimes it doesn't.

This is what we do as well. If we're far away and call it out and no one responds, the GSTL or GSA is usually courteous enough to let us know if they can rearrange it before we trek halfway across the store. Also, certain ETL's will call people out specifically that they know are closer or just hanging out in the TSC if we're halfway across the country and we respond and no one else does.

That's a situation in which back-up may not even be needed. If the guests can't be moved to other lanes, then the GSTL can jump on for a minute and call for a back-up if it gets busier.

GSTL.....jump on lane....does not compute.

We have a GSTL who will jump on a lane if he absolutely has to but will always call out, "LOD, this is GSTL toolbox and I have to jump on a lane." Maybe he's supposed to do that but it seems a bit dramatic to help one guest on express.

I also love it at my store when this very cute teenage girl covers breaks for GSTL and is very quick to call for backup. Just so naive and adorable.

When I was a GSA, our leadership required that we call out on the walkie if we were helping out at service desk or jumping on a lane so a nearby ETL could watch lanes if necessary.
We had frequent back-ups that could pile up on a dime &, if we were tied up at SD or taking a few guests when the sh*t hit the fan, leadership wanted us accounted for.

I feel like I make too many threads so I'm going to put my question here. As I've mentioned before my main area is technically cashier right now but I get shifts at carts, BR and instocks as well. I want to move to BR full time but right now they only have a part time opening due to a new hire leaving. The BR TL told me he would give me more shifts but it wouldn't be as many hours as I would want so I would still be scheduled for cashier shifts. Would it look bad if I asked not to be scheduled at cashier at all? I feel like as an employee I should be working as many hours as I can and the higher ups might look down on me for "wanting" less hours. Also not sure how that would affect the rest of the cashier scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back