Archived I know this is a dumb question, but ...

• Thread starter mxrbook
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mxrbook

I've been in position over a year but no one has emptied the valuables from Lost and Found in all that time. I'm saying we have purses and wallets and IDs and phones that have been piling up in the mantrap for a freaking year. I asked my GE-ETL and he just kinda stared into space and changed the subject.

The regular Lost and Found gets emptied/salvaged/tossed/donated every 30 days. The valuable stuff has been collecting dust.

Help!

I'm guessing that we can recycle the phones. Can I have the money and Nooks and coach purses?

When ours was overflowing, I was told to partner with my ETL-AP.
Wallets/purses that had some type of ID we searched for contact info, leaving messages or mailing notices when possible.
Driver's licenses were taped to paper folded into an envelop & mailed to the local dept of public safety branch.
Credit cards were processed according to cash office protocols.
Older electronics were recycled. Money was put in the register at GS & a slip for the dollar amt was left in the wallet/purse so they could be placed in lost & found.
Member cards were put in shred.
There was a diamond & sapphire rind that AP took possession of - don't know what happened to it, tho.

We destroy credit cards each night at close.

Valid ideas. I'll work on that this week.

Thanks!

I seem to remember an electronics TM would find chargers for the phones & charge them enough to look in a directory for a contact to notify them of the lost phone.
Except for smart phones many became obsolete within months so they were put in the elec recycling.
As to high-value items, that's gonna depend on your AP.

There are a few pages regarding lost/found best practice on workbench.

ETL-GE, GSTL and I would cut up all credit cards and other cards. ID/Social Security cards were turned over to police. Phones were charged and attempted to reach owner. After 90 days, electronics recycling.

never mess with anything that belongs to a guest unless you want a huge headache, your ass on the line, or a possible termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back