Archived I love it at huddles when

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when we have logistics huddles first thing in the morning, and we are thanked in advance for all the hard work we will be doing that day. Because at that point I have gotten everything I could possibly want out of my job for that day, so do you think i'm actually gonna work for it? Suckers, I already got every bit of my recognition and you can't take that away from me!

Seriously though, that's like playing a hand of black jack, and showing everybody your cards right before you bet!

Reminds me of the printouts they gave to the TLs when they announced that we were opening at midnight on BF, with all the reminders to "let TMs know how MUCH you appreciate their HARD WORK & we couldn't do this without THEM", yadda yadda yadda. Real sincere, real pathetic.

I'm just saying, recognition is good stuff. Too good sometimes, it brings out the bad in people. That's why it is recommend to only give somebody half of their pay beforehand, and when the job is completed, pay them the rest. That way you still have some say in it. So what I would have done was recognize the team in advance, and then, in no uncertain terms, let the team know that there is a possibility of great team cards at the end of the day. I know when I hear that, it's pretty much like payday where you are motivated because you are working towards that paycheck at the end of the day. Well that's a bad comparison, recognition is wayyyyy better than pay, way better. Target understands this, and they told me that before I got to select my 3 year anniversary gift. It's important to be recognized for the work you do, so let us insult you with promotional crap that other companies bombard their employess as soon as they are hired!

Reminds me of the printouts they gave to the TLs when they announced that we were opening at midnight on BF, with all the reminders to "let TMs know how MUCH you appreciate their HARD WORK & we couldn't do this without THEM", yadda yadda yadda. Real sincere, real pathetic.

This sums up how I feel about Target nowdays, its all happy pscho crap to make us feel ok about being payed almost minimum wage and no hours.

I love it when we have logistics huddles first thing in the morning, and we are thanked in advance for all the hard work we will be doing that day. Because at that point I have gotten everything I could possibly want out of my job for that day, so do you think i'm actually gonna work for it? Suckers, I already got every bit of my recognition and you can't take that away from me!

Seriously though, that's like playing a hand of black jack, and showing everybody your cards right before you bet!

Last time I worked in toys before Christmas, they did this at the opening huddle. They thanked us in advance for helping zone the freezers in market (we had a visit that day).

I love it at huddles when the ETLs/HR/whoever asks random trivia questions (either Target-related or that day's FFF event) and no one knows the answers.

I personally hate recognition. It feels cheap. Most of the time they are giving you recognition for doing exactly what you are supposed to do. Maybe I'm different, but I feel recognition should be for going above and beyond the minimum, not meeting it. It doesn't help that we are basically forced to hand out recognition, which simply encourages us to make up these phony GTCs just to meet quota.

Maybe if huddles were actually considered "fun" then I would actually attend them. Whenever I have a full day Friday shift or closing shift in the Backroom I rarely almost never attend huddles, I just see them as a big waste of my time. Also as a BR team member I am not required to attend them. I doubt a GTC would make me feel one ounce special then I already don't feel at Target. I mean yes of course I am thanked by my ETL logged for the work that I do, but those compliments are few and far between. To sum it all up, I think us BR Team Members are the least recognized (at least at my store) by everyone else even though we do most of the grunt work (just say'n).

I personally hate recognition. It feels cheap. Most of the time they are giving you recognition for doing exactly what you are supposed to do. Maybe I'm different, but I feel recognition should be for going above and beyond the minimum, not meeting it. It doesn't help that we are basically forced to hand out recognition, which simply encourages us to make up these phony GTCs just to meet quota.

this

I usually just let everyone know what size the trucks are, the goal times and where everyone will be for the day. On large truck days or days when we are short handed I will give them a high but attainable goal for unload and pulls. If we make it I will buy donuts, milk and juice (or something similar) I also give recognition but it is for something that happened previously. The biggest thing is that it is always 5 minutes or less, with a timer. The team thinks its funny when the timer goes off and I am in mid-sentence. I keep my word though and stop in my tracks. It is something silly but the team likes it.
What would everyone like to hear at huddles?

What would everyone like to hear at huddles?

you guys did a great job, actually contributing to this companies continued success last monday, so we are diverting the etl's catering order to the breakroom for you guys to enjoy on your break.

you guys did a great job, actually contributing to this companies continued success last monday, so we are diverting the etl's catering order to the breakroom for you guys to enjoy on your break.

If only....

This is why I stopped giving two ****s about GTC's when I would get red cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back