Archived I made an error during training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new seasonal cashier and I trained for about 30 mins. They threw me by myself during tax free weekend on a Sunday (thankfully I had four years of cashier training at food lion.) anyway at food lion we give customers their checks back, therefore I accidentally gave a guest their check back after it was processed through the machine. This happened my first day of training and I've worked three days after that so far & no one has said anything about it. I'm extremely worried that this could cause me possible termination. It was a honest mistake and happened on my first day, but I know I'm in a 90-day probation period. Any thoughts?

If you haven't yet, talk to the GSA or GSTL about this. I don't know enough about front end to know how serious it is or isn't but it seems the kind of thing to communicate right away.

It's an honest mistake but tell your GSTL/GSA as soon as you can.
Checks are still sent to a clearing center & if one is missing, the store likely does NOT get paid.
A small check may be "meh" but a large amt will at least get you some much-needed training.

It's an honest mistake but tell your GSTL/GSA as soon as you can.
Checks are still sent to a clearing center & if one is missing, the store likely does NOT get paid.
A small check may be "meh" but a large amt will at least get you some much-needed training.

Our Cash office gal actually checked this once by withholding a check... The check still cleared her bank account electronically even though the check wasn't sent in.

So likely OP it won't really matter.

I am getting stressed just wondering why you haven't told them yet get going and tell them for crying in a bucket:eek::eek::eek:

You'll be fine. You won't get fired for it. It's always best that you tell your GSA/GSTL when things like this arise, of course. Don't let your leaders lose trust in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back