I quit mid shift

Today I was called into the team lead office. I am a fulfillment team member and have been with the company for about six months now. I don't meant to sound cocky but I was very good at my job and I loved it! Our Fufillment team is pretty close knit. I put Christmas lights on our packing station (during a break) to get more festive and lift up the area. I also purchased the lights. Everyone loved them. About two weeks later I get called into the office (today) and I was told I was stealing Target property by putting up the lights with the zip ties. I was also accused of loafing even though I put the lights up on my break. I started crying and quit on the spot. I could tell they were about to fire me and I wanted to quit rather be fired. I had positive intentions I did not intend for any of this to happen. Maybe I overreacted? What do you guys think.

Today I was called into the team lead office. I am a fulfillment team member and have been with the company for about six months now. I don't meant to sound cocky but I was very good at my job and I loved it! Our Fufillment team is pretty close knit. I put Christmas lights on our packing station (during a break) to get more festive and lift up the area. I also purchased the lights. Everyone loved them. About two weeks later I get called into the office (today) and I was told I was stealing Target property by putting up the lights with the zip ties. I was also accused of loafing even though I put the lights up on my break. I started crying and quit on the spot. I could tell they were about to fire me and I wanted to quit rather be fired. I had positive intentions I did not intend for any of this to happen. Maybe I overreacted? What do you guys think.
You stole Target oxygen,not to mention trying to detoxify the workplace.

In this case everyone overreacted. They overreacted by accusing you of stealing, you overreacted by quitting on the spot when you probably would have just got a write-up. Quitting like that means you're technically fired because you didn't go through the two week notice process.
If you're not in an "at-will" state they need some reason to fire you, not just at their discretion. Technically you stole zip ties if you didn't buy them, and the electricity required to run the lights.

Technically you stole zip ties if you didn't buy them, and the electricity required to run the lights.
I would've offered to pay for both lol. But only per zip tie used. They get them for like 3 cents a zip tie so let me find some loose change.

And I assume the lights were LED? So that's at least another $0.36 for the whole 2 weeks they were up?

I guess we need to write up all the TMs who charge their phone under the register or in the break room - especially the break room! Target even installed those fancy outlets with built-in USB ports to make the criminal theft easier!!

I don’t blame you for quitting, It must’ve been bad enough to not put in the 2 weeks so I hope you made the right choice. But that’s Target Management and/or security for you whoever accused you.

WTAF?!
Someone really had it out for you.
That is serious bullshit.
I'm really sorry.
Sadly, I think this is the best answer. When somebody in a firm is bound and determined to get rid of you -- it could be somebody higher up who you didn't even realize was angry at you -- this is the kind of shit they pull to crucify you and toss you out of the organization.

Bah, humbug!!!:mad:

Sadly, I think this is the best answer. When somebody in a firm is bound and determined to get rid of you -- it could be somebody higher up who you didn't even realize was angry at you -- this is the kind of shit they pull to crucify you and toss you out of the organization.

Bah, humbug!!!:mad:
This. Spit as most rrtail has a rampant disease of leaders attacking easy targets for no other reason than people like the victim more than them.
You would yave faced constant attacks like this until you quit or were fired. As much as it sucks to burn a bridge this one is not one to be missed. And at some point non rehirable will be fightable. We have several tms thst have returned as non rehirable with explanations and new HRs. Keep your chin up and know you did absolutely nothing wrong. That leadership was toxic you avoided the piison and hopefully have fpuns something more suitable

I did. They told me I stole zip-ties
I will never understand this mentality. Like. Us talking about this. You doing the paperwork for this termination and logging everything. That cost you and this company like. 80x the cost of the idk like 10 zipties you used?

I have the same mentality price matching. 10 cents to like 2 dollars depending on the item I won't even check because its not worth checking yk?

And you're not supposed to. The guest is always right and as long as the price match sounds reasonable, you're supposed to just do it according to the hand book... but I doubt they let very many people read that. They normally train them by having them watch another cashier for 20 mins and then jumping on to support instead of the handbook and training register.

Back