Archived I really get the feeling I'm the only one doing push correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
The over past few months I have noticed a disturbing increase in the amount of overstock on the sales floor. For about 70-90% of the vehicles that I push out I will either come back with...(many times both)

1) more of an item already on my vehicle of push

2) a bunch of an item that wasn't on my vehicle when I left the stockroom that was overpushed into the spot of an item I was trying to stock.(or even active items with no locations which should be backstock but are pushed anyway I guess new TMs don't know that or it is just lazy TMs that don't care.)

Only once since January have I gone more than 2 vehicles in a row without running into one of these two issues on top of that I sometimes have TLs or ETLs complaining about me taking too long to push a vehicle. Just the other day I had push cart and had one box of dog food to push out and that resulted in coming back with five other different flavors variety of dog-food the were overstocked in the place of the item I tried to push and in the spots of items incorrectly pushed to that spot.

I've mentioned the issue to my TLs and ETLs countless times and their reply is "I know". I really find it irritating that if I work the closing the rest of the team and I are held accountable for our zone but whoever is doing this gets away with it.

Last edited:
Yuck. You're right it's annoying and looks bad for the shopping guest!
My store sometimes has issues with letting who the fffffff ever work out the ptm and they stick it anywhere they want to try to smash it into home loc instead of a little rearranging. A lot of times is finds it way back to the stockroom as "overstock" and instocks has to rework it.

The issue is that once the product is flexed out, the system will think it has a place out there. Taking overstock to the back often just results in the product being repulled in the next pulls and somebody reflexing it out.

Everybody has to be on the same page in order to have the store looking "brand", but the leaders rarely ever hold the team accountable.

I feel you. People don't use NOP (an alarming amount see it as a trainee utility), they don't use the price scanners if they don't have a PDA, they don't use item search to check for shelf capacities, they don't look at the facings number on the location's shelf tag, they don't bring back overpushed stuff (obvious or otherwise), they're dead-scared of bringing any backstock back, and they aren't being careful with checking to make sure items are same/different.

And I hate. HATE HATE HATE flex. Because about 40% of the time I push, I end up bringing a crapload of stuff back because it was flexed in to the g****** location that I need to push to.

When I helped with the toys PTM in December, my SrTL said that we should only flex into locations where the item that lives there is discontinued and has 0 on-hand (and remove or cover the shelf label since that item won't be replenished). Being a noob on the floor, I had no idea flexing was such a process.

here its mostly the truck team for some reason, instead of backstocking stuff they just cram it everywhere and cap stuff. No idea why they dont backstock, but when i come in and do pulls i spend half my time filling the tub with overstock :/

overnight unload/push team at my store get nightly lectures about pushing to the piece and no diamonds showing. also checking multiple locations. and then we have push audits done at least once a week. all of our new hires are terrified of creating unnecessary backstock which leads to over pushing and things ending up in locations they don't belong in.

I'm amazed at how much thought some of you put into pushing, and how accountable they hold team members. I just randomly flex freight off of the trucks and try to leave bits of styrofoam and cardboard all over the shelves and floor lol!

I feel you. People don't use NOP (an alarming amount see it as a trainee utility), they don't use the price scanners if they don't have a PDA, they don't use item search to check for shelf capacities, they don't look at the facings number on the location's shelf tag, they don't bring back overpushed stuff (obvious or otherwise), they're dead-scared of bringing any backstock back, and they aren't being careful with checking to make sure items are same/different.

And I hate. HATE HATE HATE flex. Because about 40% of the time I push, I end up bringing a crapload of stuff back because it was flexed in to the g****** location that I need to push to.

When the priority is to work FAST with the least amount of people, of course accuracy becomes a non-issue.

The only time accuracy is a concern is when there is a scheduled visit. That's when the ETLs (and higher) are held accountable for how their store looks & cheating on the reports won't be sufficient.

Agreed. It looks even worse when a tm crams things into shelves they don't actually belong on and hasn't used a pda to check for other locations and you end up standing there with this excuse me wtf are you doing look on your face. You then spend an hour pulling everything out of that 4-foot section and re-pushing it the proper way.

How hard is it to check the facings first, then whip out the pda to check second locations, and when all else fails you backstock everything that is left.

Oooh. Another backstock rant: if you take one item out of a box and push it and the rest of that box is now backstock... take everything out of the dang box first before sending it to backroom. I don't know how many times ETL's/TL's have given us that lecture now.

Agreed. It looks even worse when a tm crams things into shelves they don't actually belong on and hasn't used a pda to check for other locations and you end up standing there with this excuse me wtf are you doing look on your face. You then spend an hour pulling everything out of that 4-foot section and re-pushing it the proper way.

How hard is it to check the facings first, then whip out the pda to check second locations, and when all else fails you backstock everything that is left.

Oooh. Another backstock rant: if you take one item out of a box and push it and the rest of that box is now backstock... take everything out of the dang box first before sending it to backroom. I don't know how many times ETL's/TL's have given us that lecture now.

Some things never change. We used to get the same lecture when I worked at Target. I gave up reminding my fellow TMs and just did it myself.
Where I work now (Wally), if you can't fit it all of the shelf, you don't put anything out unless the shelf is empty and it won't hold a whole box worth of stuff. They are very big on backstocking only case packs and not having any waco boxes in the backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back