Archived I really tried... Now it's time for the notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say the least I had a very parabolic experience in target. I started as an overnight flow , frustrated with only getting 11 hours. Worked my tail off, made good connections with my overnight leaders and was promoted to back room then AP then finally team leader.... Then it all goes down hill.

I come into a department with a horrible culture, no accountability whatsoever, egomaniacal ETL's (switched from overnight to new dayside leaders) and to put it short, I was the last person hired to replace a department that had a 100% turnover in a matter of 3 months...

Yes, All leaders that were in place 3 months before I arrived had all either been fired by AP, termed for "performance", and most popularly, job abandonment. To say the least, GSTL's (all 5) were dropping like flies... Even the GE quit, right before 4th quarter. That's when I come in, promoted with only a week of training(supposed to get two) and starting the new role right after thanksgiving.

I knew I was coming into drama and a very unstable workcenter, but I whole heartedly thought I could change it and make it work. I truly cared about those tm's that busted their behinds and were victim to the store's unfair practices, left picking up the slack of those bottom performers. What I got instead was very little support, endless headaches dealing with serious nepotism, bias decisions that were against best practice, and a lot of covering up of infractions that should have been addressed but weren't because people were too busy trying to keep their friends from being fired, even though they deserved it. I was one of those trying to nip the bad weeds out, and for the most part I was completely alone. I always felt I had to defend myself against peers that would lie about how I "talked down" to team members, forbade them from going on their breaks, and spent "hours" in the office. The one about the breaks really made me laugh.. Like, really? You couldn't come up with an accusation that was more believable? Even a moron knows better than to infringe on basic labor laws.

It became gross and truly insulting.

Lo and behold, as retail goes, this made me very unpopular and now I'm on a FW looking at being "promoted" for making mistakes that I've seen, and read on this site, others get a slap on the wrist for. So I'm going to cut my losses and finally say goodbye after almost 2 years.

I asked for a transfer that HR is "looking into" but I don't trust HR farther than I can throw a pallet jack. I really am not looking forward to putting in a two week notice because I'm not sure if they can term me in that time. Does anyone know if you can get termed (in target... I've heard other companies actually do this) within your two weeks notice? If so, I'm looking at parting ways within the week.

Last edited:
Sounds like yet another lovely, Fast Fun and Friendly Target success story. Brian Cornell should be proud of his stores. /s

On a serious note, I hear you and I think giving your notice is the best course of action at this point. I too was given (or at least threatened with) a Final Warning because executive leadership no longer likes me. I now walk on eggshells every time I go to work. No, they cannot terminate you after you've given your notice. They can let you go early, but you will be marked rehireable by HR as long as you gave them 2 weeks.

I'd recommend asking the mods to move this to the 'Happy Trails' forum. I think it would fit better there.

Last edited:
Hey sailor (in my best Mae West voice); come join me in the boat.
I've already put in my two weeks so I know what you're going thru.
The only way they'll cut your notice short is if you become toxic (ie: insubordination to superiors, trash-talking the back-stabbers, etc).
Otherwise, you'll probably finish out your two weeks.

On a serious note, I hear you and I think giving your notice is the best course of action at this point. I too was given (or at least threatened with) a Final Warning because executive leadership no longer likes me. I now walk on eggshells every time I go to work. No, they cannot terminate you after you've given your notice. They can let you go early, but you will be marked rehireable by HR as long as you gave them 2 weeks.

I hope this is true. I've kind of read mixed stories here about sketchy HR that enter you as termed and unhireable after giving in a two weeks notice.

The person would find out at a job interview when the interviewer asks them to shed light on why they put voluntarily resigned on their application when spot HR informed the hiring manager that the TM was "termed". If the person even gets an interview, that is.

The person would find out at a job interview when the interviewer asks them to shed light on why they put voluntarily resigned on their application when spot HR informed the hiring manager that the TM was "termed". If the person even gets an interview, that is.

Target HR does not tell prospective future employers how you were let go/quit/termed, nor your rehireable status. They only confirm dates worked.

Granted, being marked as "termed" will affect your future rehireability with Spot. But that's the extent of it due to the policy of only confirming dates worked.

Like the others have said, turn in the paperwork & work the 2 weeks. You never know you might need spot for a part time gig. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back