Archived I think I'm being trained for PFresh, but I'm leaving in less than a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

So I've only been working at Target for a short time now. I started in May with every intention of sticking around for a while, but my boyfriend asked me to move in with him and I'd rather look for interesting jobs in the city than stay at Target, live with my parents, and sit around with my townie friends.
Anyway...
When I had my two weeks of training, I worked mostly regular hardlines shifts, but I worked one shift in electronics and two in PFresh. (PFresh meaning grocery, I didn't see it in the definitions masterpost on here)
I've been working mostly basic hardlines shifts week-to-week, but last week I worked a push shift in PFresh, tomorrow I'm closing PFresh by myself, and next weekend I'm closing PFresh by myself.
I'm not really familiar with that department and I don't feel completely comfortable working there by myself. I've mentioned it to some other TMs, and they agree that its odd I'm working shifts there by myself, especially since I've only been with Target for like a month.
Basically, I'm not sure if I should just suck it up and power through the last few weeks, or mention to an ETL/scheduling person that I'd prefer to do hardlines shifts in unspecialized areas. OR give like, an awkward 3.5-weeks notice.

You might be better off transferring to a Target in the city while you search for that 'interesting' job.
That way you'll have a fallback job should the other never pan out or if you got laid off.

Just do as best as you can. If you haven't been trained in that area, the openers and TL shouldn't be surprised when they come in the next day and everything is not done. By the time of your closing weekend, it will be time to give your 2 week notice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back