Archived I Want It! (General Toys Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to find a thread dedicated to toys so please combine/delete this if it is not correct.

I very much enjoy helping people trying to buy things for the little ones, but hearing the screams of kids saying "I want it!!!" is what really brightens my day (please kill me)... Any stories, quips, advice or questions from toy handlers would be what this thread would be mostly about. Any and all are welcome.

Last edited:
Ok this thread has already derailed a little bit... It's funny, but think of the... kids? Oh nevermind

Last edited:
Don’t you hate when someone asks for something that has no section like unicorns. I had to explain we didn’t have a unicorn section and was there any type of toy in particular they were looking for. People get really annoyed when I ask probing questions, but damn there is no unicorn section so I need to know what the hell type of toy I’m looking for when I do a search in the My Device.

Don’t you hate when someone asks for something that has no section like unicorns. I had to explain we didn’t have a unicorn section and was there any type of toy in particular they were looking for. People get really annoyed when I ask probing questions, but damn there is no unicorn section so I need to know what the hell type of toy I’m looking for when I do a search in the My Device.

Should have sent them to stationary for the unicorn party supplies.

Should have sent them to stationary for the unicorn party supplies.
She did actually end up going up there for some knitting kit or something along those lines I found. She didn't like the unicorn poopsie doll or the ring toss game where you wear a horn on your head.

She did actually end up going up there for some knitting kit or something along those lines I found. She didn't like the unicorn poopsie doll or the ring toss game where you wear a horn on your head.

That's about all the toy we have unless you count the rainbowcorn surprise things.

I just watched a kid throw a tantrum, because "nobody ever wants what I want" and "they only had onnnnnnneee left". He also stomped his feet on the ground and swung his arms at his father. Dad was a stone wall. He just stood there. No yelling or cussing. I commend him. He made him sit outside in the sun until he calmed down. Never bought him the toy. His nice brother came out holding a bag though.

I just watched a kid throw a tantrum, because "nobody ever wants what I want" and "they only had onnnnnnneee left". He also stomped his feet on the ground and swung his arms at his father. Dad was a stone wall. He just stood there. No yelling or cussing. I commend him. He made him sit outside in the sun until he calmed down. Never bought him the toy. His nice brother came out holding a bag though.
I see this kind of stuff all the time. Lots of yelling and shouting, parents asking "do you have the money to buy this?" Etc. Then you get the occasional sweet kid and it always sucks if we don't have what the parents/grandparents are trying to buy for them.

Anyone set next weeks pogs for Toys????? I set the Fisher Price one, after the fact the product came up street date...Today it no longer said it....Same with the board games but half were street date, then today one of the ones that wasnt, was street date. The lego end cap none of them were street date when I set it, today all the blue boxes were....I checked the cases they came in, to see if it said street date (like the lego ones usually do when they are) nothing on them saying street date.....

Anyone set next weeks pogs for Toys????? I set the Fisher Price one, after the fact the product came up street date...Today it no longer said it....Same with the board games but half were street date, then today one of the ones that wasnt, was street date. The lego end cap none of them were street date when I set it, today all the blue boxes were....I checked the cases they came in, to see if it said street date (like the lego ones usually do when they are) nothing on them saying street date.....
Is that something messed up in the system? I have not gotten to learn much of Plano yet, but I will probably be doing it eventually. I know only a little about it, but to me it seems like that would be related to an error in the system (one way or another). Can anyone else who knows more about it weigh in?

Our store is always trying to run POG two weeks ahead of schedule and this is when that fails. They gave me the Fischer Price, Board Game, and LEGO sales planners way too early and of course I don’t realize the product is street dated until I go to pull after I set.... so I end up having to flex the same product that was there to start with for another two weeks 🙃

Our store is always trying to run POG two weeks ahead of schedule and this is when that fails. They gave me the Fischer Price, Board Game, and LEGO sales planners way too early and of course I don’t realize the product is street dated until I go to pull after I set.... so I end up having to flex the same product that was there to start with for another two weeks 🙃
Pardon my ignorance, but is it in the system that the POG was set or is it still using the old locations? Say if someone was looking for something for SFS e.g.

Pardon my ignorance, but is it in the system that the POG was set or is it still using the old locations? Say if someone was looking for something for SFS e.g.
Yeah it’s in the system that it was set and tied. All I do is flip or cover the new labels and flex the old stuff back until the street date then just move it back to the home location after The main thing is that the product that is street dated is back stocked and safe until the correct day for it to come to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back